• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    The offending balloon in this case was making an o face.

ULUG8N7.jpg

After the incident was properly deescalated I apprehended the balloon and put it in the old green bin lock up for the night. When I went to show the wife and explain my macho defense of our house from said balloon it sprang for freedom and took off into the air before I could grab it. I would have had her take a picture of it with me, a la deer trophy picture, but it's hasty escape prevented that from happening.

Typical revolving door criminal justice system, putting the offender back on the street almost immediately.

chemteach

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 11, 2013
    Plymouth
    The offending balloon in this case was making an o face.

ULUG8N7.jpg

After the incident was properly deescalated I apprehended the balloon and put it in the old green bin lock up for the night. When I went to show the wife and explain my macho defense of our house from said balloon it sprang for freedom and took off into the air before I could grab it. I would have had her take a picture of it with me, a la deer trophy picture, but it's hasty escape prevented that from happening.

You showed more control and restraint than I could have. I would have blasted away and blown a hole clean through the ... middle...of... oh, never mind...

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    4 "D" cells...???

I had one of those and it was removed from the front seat of my truck. I miss it.

For a very long time, I had a 6 "D" cell Maglite for a long time. I left the batteries in too long and they leaked. I need to see if I can find another one.

product_maglite_incan_6d_blister_v2_blk_1.jpg

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    For a very long time, I had a 6 "D" cell Maglite for a long time. I left the batteries in too long and they leaked. I need to see if I can find another one.

I've ruined more flashlights this way. I just don't use them a lot, so they have a tendency to sit out of sight, out of mind, and when I do go to use one, it's a corroded mess. You'd think that by now they would've come up with leak-proof batteries.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I've ruined more flashlights this way. I just don't use them a lot, so they have a tendency to sit out of sight, out of mind, and when I do go to use one, it's a corroded mess. You'd think that by now they would've come up with leak-proof batteries.

No because you do mot have to buy new stuff if your original stuff still works.

Every thing has a fuse. Everything.

G19X

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 17, 2018
    Glock Factory
    When you went back into your home you should have called the law. But you went back out knowing you may have trouble. Unless you see a person trying to hurt someone...LEAVE.

AOJ TRIAD 1.jpg

Homicide is justified in the situation of immediate,otherwise unavoidable danger of death or grave bodily harm to the innocent. — Massad Ayoob

Last edited:

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    I just don't have an easy way to carry my pistol when I'm walking the dog in the front yard before bed. It will take some thought for sure. I'm generally only covered to the bare minimums of legality, grumpy, and half asleep when the dog feels the need to take a midnight dump. This case I was about 2 steps off the porch and 5 or so backward shuffles to get back into the door. Still had this been a legit situation that could have been too many.
    Hill People Gear Kit Bag, or just a plain ole gay ass fanny pack? It’s easier to figure out a way to carry, than explain why you didn’t?

cosermann

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 15, 2008
    Do I understand correctly that the OP, went back in his house, got his gun when he thought there may have been a problem, went back outside and pointed his light equipped handgun at a noise in a bush?

In flip flops.

Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    Do I understand correctly that the OP, went back in his house, got his gun when he thought there may have been a problem, went back outside and pointed his light equipped handgun at a noise in a bush?

In flip flops.

Hey.
    When there's a bumps in the night, I've run outside with a shotgun in my "Birthday Suit". So what's the problem? :dunno:

Actually at least one time was in the snow.

When seconds count, clothes are only minutes away.

Ggreen

Person
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Sep 19, 2016
    SouthEast

In flip flops.
    Not completely, I did not point the firearm. I flipped the light on with the pistol at low ready, and I was able to identify the balloon from the splash of the light. The tlr2hl illuminates an area like a security light. I was in flip flops, going commando in gym shorts and no shirt when I went back out to address the situation.

Ggreen

Person
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Sep 19, 2016
    SouthEast
    Hey.
    When there's a bumps in the night, I've run outside with a shotgun in my "Birthday Suit". So what's the problem? :dunno:

Actually at least one time was in the snow.

When seconds count, clothes are only minutes away.

The older I get the more I begin to understand why there are so many people half naked on cops. S*#& rarely goes down when you are fully dressed and ready.

cosermann

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 15, 2008
    ... I flipped the light on with the pistol at low ready, and I was able to identify the balloon from the splash of the light. ....

That's good. Really have to use indirect lighting if a pistol mounted light is all you have until an actual threat is identified.

Me, if I went back outside - IF - I would have pulled on more serious clothing and actual shoes. No reason to be in a rush to go looking for trouble half naked, half cocked, and with no foundation on your feet.

Ggreen

Person
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Sep 19, 2016
    SouthEast
    That's good. Really have to use indirect lighting if a pistol mounted light is all you have until an actual threat is identified.

Me, if I went back outside - IF - I would have pulled on more serious clothing and actual shoes. No reason to be in a rush to go looking for trouble half naked, half cocked, and with no foundation on your feet.

I respectfully disagree. A double pane glass door or window is all that is keeping Mikey the meth head from my family, id have gone out jewels out to keep the threat out of my home. I grew up every other weekend with a dad in that crowd. Trouble doesn't wait. I saw a guy who had been hit by a semi on his Harley earlier that day throw down at one of dad's parties. I truly believe most people underestimate the threat level of these tweakers because they have never lived among them.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    And as to the light options, ALWAYS carry a handheld light. Yeah, you can see a bit with splash, but you shouldnt have to unholster just to see what is in the shadows.

Top Bottom