Wall insert for home defense. Great option!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Nick4562

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 4, 2013
    Hello like minded individuals. I just installed this great product from Tactical Walls it is a wall insert that you put into your wall to store firearms,knives, flashlights, mags, etc. Basically anything you need quick access to. You cut a hole in your drywall in between two studs (very easy) and slide it in then secure it to the studs and bob's your uncle you have a "tactical wall." Here's my video. Look into if you can.

[ame]http://youtu.be/bOs5kBQFaHA[/ame]

Signal23

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 27, 2012
    Greenwood
    I fell asleep, but I think the idea is to cover that with a flat looking mirror and then the boogie man with think it is just a mirror, but if you need to go all closet ninja on someone, all your gear is there.

I hang my AR behind oversized drapes at by the window at the side of the bed, muzzle down (concrete floor) ready to roll, so If you come over.......don't let yourself in.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    I don't get it. Other than its black and "tactical", what's the point?

https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...stack_on_in_wall_safe_iwc_55_full_length.html

With this you have the option of securing it. If your home, just leave it open or leave the key in and its as quickly accessible as taking a mirror off the wall. When you leave, take the key. You still have the option of hanging something over it if you want to, but have the flexibility of being able to secure it.

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    Am I the only one who sleeps beneath a Kevlar blanket with a tripod mounted M60 attached to the footboard? What's this hiding guns in the wall crap?!?!

Thegeek

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 20, 2013
    Indianapolis
    Do not install in an exterior wall. Compressing the insulation, you might as well remove the insulation and start saving for mold treatment in the future. First winter, those cold spots will draw moisture like nothing else.

kjf40

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 31, 2011
    Lake county
    Pretty cool Nick...this would be good in my mancave.

The locking one would be better else where...children in the house, and my cats....they are sneaky.

bullet

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Feb 27, 2011
    Seymour
    What's go to keep me from buying a 2x4 and some peg board and doing the same thing? Also if you compress insulation you will reduce it's R-value.

pudly

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Nov 12, 2008
    Undisclosed
    Do not install in an exterior wall. Compressing the insulation, you might as well remove the insulation and start saving for mold treatment in the future. First winter, those cold spots will draw moisture like nothing else.
    What's go to keep me from buying a 2x4 and some peg board and doing the same thing? Also if you compress insulation you will reduce it's R-value.

No reason you can't create a "do it yourself" in-wall cabinet. You are both correct that with the insulation there, he likely was installing in an exterior wall. Not a good idea.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    What's go to keep me from buying a 2x4 and some peg board and doing the same thing?
    Nothing.

But if you use pegboard you will lose some space because you will need to leave about a 1/4" of space behind the pegboard for the pegs to lock into place.

Also if you compress insulation you will reduce it's R-value.
    True, I think these wall cubbies/safes are best used on an INTERIOR wall where there is no insulation.

Nick4562

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 4, 2013
    you could very well build one of these on your own. You could also just leave a handgun underneath pillow also but that wouldn't impress your friends now would it.

Top Bottom