Wall insert for home defense. Great option!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Nick4562

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 4, 2013
    with regards to the insulation, I understand that compressing the insulation will make the insulation less effective, but when the rest of the basement is unfinished, it really doesn't matter. This is just the gun room. They will also be coming out with a locking version I may buy, but if I don't, I will be building my own bookshelf to cover it up.

Brandon

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 28, 2010
    SE Indy
    Not for me. If I were to want something like this I would still want something with a lockable door be it a safe or locking cabinet.

FrankTank83

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 26, 2013
    Indianapolis, IN
    I prefer my gun-wall storage to be a little more "pineapple expressy"
    05213536__zps45316eda.jpg

45fan

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 20, 2011
    East central IN
    I read the tittle, and thought that it was going to be some sort of hardened plate that you put in your wall to make a solid place to get cover. This is something I have thought of in the past, making a sort of "panic room", only leaving a gun port in the wall, and the wall facing the gun port with like material to minimize bullet pass through. Sort of like making a kill box, for those that REALLY want to get at me and mine, making it as risky a proposition as I can for them...

If I want quick access, I just reach up on the headboard, when I am home it all stays right there, when I leave, I zip up the bag, and it all goes in the car with me.

mwagner

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    What I don't really like is that it looks super shallow. I don't know if it could very much, but I could be just this model I guess. If there any good I may look into getting one though.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    What I don't really like is that it looks super shallow. I don't know if it could very much, but I could be just this model I guess. If there any good I may look into getting one though.

Yes they are shallow. This version is just one of several that I've seen over the years. They have to be shallow because they are only the thickness of your wall. That gives you enough space to stacks some longarms and hang a few handguns. There are plenty of jewelry 'safes' and small handgun 'safes' that are designed in the same way; they fit in between the studs of the wall and are only the thickness of the interior space of the wall, so roughly 3.5" deep.

Scott223

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Dec 9, 2012
    Indianapolis
    So what does this modern technology cost us? Not much good without a door, unless your a criminal that shows up when your not there and steals all your steel. If you think a criminal wouldn't notice an out of place mirror or flag you are deluding yourself

cbop

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 21, 2009
    Winamac
    At least with the Stack-On, you could slap some "danger - high voltage" stickers on it and hope your thief is not looking to steal circuit breakers:):

Top Bottom