• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • VERT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    WalMart in Seymour has/had a two box limit. I think it is still in place. I don't mind, they have plenty available in all the flavors I like. If I need larger quantities I can hit the gun store. Otherwise it is nice to be able to pick up a couple of boxes now and again.

Interestingly enough the last .223 and .40 S&W I bought had stickers on the box that said something to the effect of: packaged for WalMart and to please report if it you find it at another store. Guess they got wise to the resellers.

STEEL CORE

Master
    Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Oct 29, 2008
    Fishers
    NO limit Fishers 96th Street Wal-Mart for now..............plenty 9mm and .40 in stock, (sorry thats all the calibers I look at) but they had .45/38/357 etc in the case.

IndyMonkey

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2010
    I was in the Plainfield store yesterday and was going to get some ammo,but they had huge signs up saying " Due to unforseen problems we cant sell anything out of the locked case":dunno:

Thats been like that for 3 weeks now. They told me that someone lost the key. I told them that a lock smith could make a key for 50.00. They stared at me like sheep......

coda80

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 11, 2010
    my brother and i went to the us 20 walmart in elkhart and bought them out about three weeks ago. they didnt say anything about a limit.

223 Gunner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    201   0   0
    Jan 7, 2009
    Red Sector A
    Hey here's an idea, lets tell everyone on the internet that the limit is gone, that way someone will go buy it all, then the rest of us will be struggling to get ammo, and guess what the limit will come back. This is what I hate about the internet, some people just can't keep their mouth shut!

223 Gunner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    201   0   0
    Jan 7, 2009
    Red Sector A
    Follow up to my last post, why not just go buy what you need and want, and let other people discover on their own if they can buy more than 6 boxes, why tell everyone and screw it up for everybody?

Dogman

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 5, 2008
    Hamilton County
    Hey here's an idea, lets tell everyone on the internet that the limit is gone, that way someone will go buy it all, then the rest of us will be struggling to get ammo, and guess what the limit will come back. This is what I hate about the internet, some people just can't keep their mouth shut!

Just a guess, but I doubt that EVERYONE on the internet reads INGO.
    I'm guessing that very few can go buy ALL the ammo at ALL the Wal Marts.
    If you have to STRUGGLE to get ammo then you probably shouldn't have a gun.
    If the limit comes back then it'll go away again.
    Just a hint for you, part of what INGO is about is passing on information to other members.
    Hey here's an idea, until you have something productive to share why don't you just read and not post.

Last edited:

patton487

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 2, 2010
    Follow up to my last post, why not just go buy what you need and want, and let other people discover on their own if they can buy more than 6 boxes, why tell everyone and screw it up for everybody?

Seems like you think wally world is the only place that carries ammo, funny...

223 Gunner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    201   0   0
    Jan 7, 2009
    Red Sector A
    I mainly buy from AIM, but if my memory serves me, too many people buying everything that Wal-Mart has, made it tough on all of us.
    There have been many times I check Wal-Mart for .45acp and they are always out everytime I check. Other Cal.'s have made a come back, and yes there are plenty of people with disposable incomes that can buy all that a Wal-Mart has on hand. Someone in this thread stated that he and his brother bought all they had. And no I won't keep my mouth quiet, this is a public forum.

223 Gunner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    201   0   0
    Jan 7, 2009
    Red Sector A
    I don't announce to everybody reading where they can go buy all the ammo, so that it is all gone when I need some.
    No I am not trying to state a double standard, I was trying to be polite to you Dogman, and not word it any harsher. I have plenty of good info to pass along, you can always check my profile and look at past posts. It just gets frustrating, when I check a few Wal-Marts and they are always out of .45acp. I don't want to run the steel case stuff through my nice 1911's.
    And posts like this telling everyone, who may be looking for ammo where they can go buy it all, and then try to re-sell it on here or Hoosiertopics and gouge people.

Last edited:

Dogman

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 5, 2008
    Hamilton County
    I don't announce to everybody reading where they can go buy all the ammo, so that it is all gone when I need some.
    No I am not trying to state a double standard, I was trying to be polite to you Dogman, and not word it any harsher. I have plenty of good info to pass along, you can always check my profile and look at past posts. It just gets frustrating, when I check a few Wal-Marts and they are always out of .45acp. I don't want to run the steel case stuff through my nice 1911's.
    And posts like telling everyone, who maybe looking for ammo where they can go buy it all, and then try to sell it on here or Hoosiertopics and gouge people.

Funny, telling people to keep their mouths shut isn't how I was raised to be polite. Well now I'm going to go make a sign about Westfield Wal Mart not having a ammo limit and put it out in my front yard.
    :D

223 Gunner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    201   0   0
    Jan 7, 2009
    Red Sector A
    Dogman, I am going to call a "cease fire", I don't know you, but I do respect your opinion, we are all entitled to our own opinions. This could drag out all day. I don't like to argue with anyone. So whoever is reading this or will read this, they can form their own opinions and think about what I had too say the next time they need ammo and can't find any at Wally world and have too pay more for it elsewhere.
    I have a cook-out to host, and we all should enjoy our long holiday weekend. We both said what we had/needed too say. So for now I will be signing off.
    Enjoy the rest of your weekend.

XtremeVel

Master
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Feb 2, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Just a guess, but I doubt that EVERYONE on the internet reads INGO.

Just a hint for you, part of what INGO is about is passing on information to other members.

+1

When I post spotting something at a local Walmart, my intention is for the info to get to a member so he has a chance of getting there in time. The people that wipe the shelves dry and have it marked up at the next gun show already have their ways of knowing, such as checking daily. Posting the info I feel is one of the best ways to let members know so they have a chance.

So true ! And as I go to more meets and shoots meeting members, the more I realize this.

Top Bottom