• ...and so much more!
  • gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    No problem. :) I just typed it out to help someone go from leaving the store empty-handed to leaving with what they came for. Since Friday, I have scored 7000 rounds of .22LR at Wal-Mart stores, and figured I'd pass along some of my observations.

I'm envious! Nice job on scoring the .22. I have looked all year and haven't found a round!

:ugh: He takes the time to type out some priceless advice and yet the best you can do is complain it takes too long to read?

My bad. Sorry. I didn't consider it complaining. More of an admission of my ADD.:)

M4Madness

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Springville
    I appreciate your insight, however, I have went through all this at the Richmond store already and it does no good even talking to a manager. Been told the same thing by ALL of them I have talked to. I was there 30 minutes before they put the ammo out. The app the previous day had went from out of stock to in stock. Had an employee from another part of the store scan the barcode and it said they had 20 boxes of federal 9mm on hand.

I waited for them to bring ammo out and guess what? Nothing but shotgun shells. I got the department manager that was on duty and she told me that the inventory is "off" and that they haven't gotten anything but shotgun shells in since December. :rolleyes: I asked to her to explain then why the inventory changes from 0 to 20 yet they didn't get any in and she just kept on repeating the same old bs lines the app is wrong and so is there inventory blah blah blah.

Richmond Wal-Mart just sold both Remington 225-round and Winchester 1000-round packs of .22LR YESTERDAY!!! They are flat out lying to you. I see ammo come into stock for Richmond weekly. They can claim that your app is wrong all they want, but they cannot dispute their own "on hand" counts when they scan a UPC in the store.

If their in-store scans show stock and they refuse to acknowledge the fact, you really need to contact Wal-Mart Corporate Offices -- particularly the office of CEO Bill Simon. Mention that you suspect that the store in question is guilty of employee understocking in regards to ammunition. Also mention that you were specifically told that no ammo has come in stock since December.

Wal-Mart Stores - On Your Side

You will NOT be the first to have to contact Bill over ammo. Corporate receives complaints weekly about situations such as yours. Just do it.

Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Dec 14, 2011
    ECI
    Richmond Wal-Mart just sold both Remington 225-round and Winchester 1000-round packs of .22LR YESTERDAY!!! They are flat out lying to you. I see ammo come into stock for Richmond weekly. They can claim that your app is wrong all they want, but they cannot dispute their own "on hand" counts when they scan a UPC in the store.

If their in-store scans show stock and they refuse to acknowledge the fact, you really need to contact Wal-Mart Corporate Offices -- particularly the office of CEO Bill Simon. Mention that you suspect that the store in question is guilty of employee understocking in regards to ammunition. Also mention that you were specifically told that no ammo has come in stock since December.

Wal-Mart Stores - On Your Side

You will NOT be the first to have to contact Bill over ammo. Corporate receives complaints weekly about situations such as yours. Just do it.

I know they are lying but it's not worth my time.

M4Madness

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Springville
    I know they are lying but it's not worth my time.

To me it's the principle of the matter. Not only do I hate them lying to and cheating the customers, but even more, I hate that they think that they've gotten away with it. I would be willing to guess that you can report the store anonymously. It's your choice in the end though. :)

Hoosierkav

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 1, 2012
    South of Indianapolis
    I wish I could figure out the app to work for me. It doesn't search my local store, only ones beyond a radius around "my store". I must be missing something; with 3 stores in my general area, it would be great to tap into this.

Nelg

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 27, 2013
    Elkhart
    The App does work but just as M4 stated you have to be persistent and plan on spending at least 20 min to an hour to get it worked out. the next time it will get easier as they know you wont give up without a fight.

scootn103

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 6, 2013
    Walmart in evansville is now putting out at 7 am and keeping it locked up over night instead of bringing it out as it is unloaded..supposed to be a price increase as well..app told me 9mm was in , I went in and it was there , got lucky and bought 5 100 rd value packs of winchester white box , had someone with me ...

merotek

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 8, 2012
    New Albany
    The problem is. The inventory quantity updates as soon as the truck docs. The truck may not be unloaded for several hours after that, and even when it is unloaded, there are sometimes 2,800 cases of freight that have to be sorted.

This is why most walmart's have started stocking ammo in the morning, so that they have enough time to actually find it. It is not uncommon for a truck to be shorted a case of ammo, causing further issues with the inventory quantity. Its not a perfect system, as there are multiple opportunities for human error.

No one is trying to lie, cheat, or steal, and I assure you that walmart corporate won't help find it any quicker :P

Last edited:

M4Madness

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Springville
    No one is trying to lie, cheat, or steal, and I assure you that walmart corporate won't help find it any quicker :P

Some (not all) Wal-Mart sporting goods associates will most certainly lie about ammo. I had one flat out lie to my face last weekend when I asked her to scan a barcode. She said that the scanner said zero in stock, but when I went and asked another department to scan the number, it showed two in stock.

As for corporate, I read a post just this morning on another site where a guy called corporate last night, and they put him on hold while they called the store to tell them to bring the ammo out, and he was able to score.

M4Madness

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Springville
    I wish I could figure out the app to work for me. It doesn't search my local store, only ones beyond a radius around "my store". I must be missing something; with 3 stores in my general area, it would be great to tap into this.

I see you are south of Indy. I see ammo listed in stock on the app at three Indy Wal-Marts, Camby, Fishers, Greenwood, Martinsville, and Brownsburg every week. Are any of those stores some that don't work for you?

JTScribe

Chicago Typewriter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 24, 2012
    Bartholomew County
    I stopped in at Martinsville a couple days ago, mobile website said they had limited stock of Winchester .22s on hand. I couldn't even get the older lady to check the UPC. It was annoying, but I was like, "I have better things to do with my time than butt hands with some low-level drone."

andski3

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 3, 2013
    Carmel
    I stopped in at Martinsville a couple days ago, mobile website said they had limited stock of Winchester .22s on hand. I couldn't even get the older lady to check the UPC. It was annoying, but I was like, "I have better things to do with my time than butt hands with some low-level drone."

WOW, "older lady", "low- level drone"

Such respect, I wonder y she wouldn't help you?
    (insert purple as you see fit)

JTScribe

Chicago Typewriter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 24, 2012
    Bartholomew County
    WOW, "older lady", "low- level drone"

Such respect, I wonder y she wouldn't help you?
    (insert purple as you see fit)

I was super polite to the lady, I call her such because the conversation went something like this:

Her: "Can I help you?"

Me: "Yes, ma'am, your site is showing you have this on hand (show her cell phone) and I was wondering if you could check . . ."

Her: "No. Don't have it." (didn't even look at my phone.)

Me: "Oh. Well, if you could just check to be sure, I would really appreciate it. It's .22s."

Her: "We don't get a truck today."

And as I was in the middle of asking her - politely! - for the final time, she interrupted me again. So I thanked her for her time and left.

I work in the service industry and one of the big things we push is never, never, never interrupt a customer. That and the fact she flat out refused to punch the numbers into the scanner she was holding in her hand just rubbed me the wrong way.

Hoosierkav

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 1, 2012
    South of Indianapolis
    I see you are south of Indy. I see ammo listed in stock on the app at three Indy Wal-Marts, Camby, Fishers, Greenwood, Martinsville, and Brownsburg every week. Are any of those stores some that don't work for you?

I added some other items to my list, and then searched for those, and this time the local stores did show up; maybe it was just the items causing the problem.

Thank you for the help :)

Nelg

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 27, 2013
    Elkhart
    Ask another associate

I was super polite to the lady, I call her such because the conversation went something like this:

Her: "Can I help you?"

Me: "Yes, ma'am, your site is showing you have this on hand (show her cell phone) and I was wondering if you could check . . ."

Her: "No. Don't have it." (didn't even look at my phone.)

Me: "Oh. Well, if you could just check to be sure, I would really appreciate it. It's .22s."

Her: "We don't get a truck today."

And as I was in the middle of asking her - politely! - for the final time, she interrupted me again. So I thanked her for her time and left.

I work in the service industry and one of the big things we push is never, never, never interrupt a customer. That and the fact she flat out refused to punch the numbers into the scanner she was holding in her hand just rubbed me the wrong way.

Always ask another associate to check the system before you ask the person in the Gun area.

HICKMAN

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Lawrence Co.
    Big thanks to M4Madness, he msg'd me last night letting me know my store was getting 9mm in. I had to stand around from 7 to 8:15, but they finally brought it out when we found a couple of workers.

Top Bottom