• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rlfrye

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 16, 2017
    The Tuck
    Kendallville Wal-Mart has shotties and rifles. I would plan on being there awhile, as you usually cant find an employee back there, or have one ask to help you.

IndyTom

Expert
    Rating - 87.5%
    7   1   0
    Oct 3, 2013
    Fishers
    Kendallville Wal-Mart has shotties and rifles. I would plan on being there awhile, as you usually cant find an employee back there, or have one ask to help you.

The way it works is, you finally find someone and then they have to track down the person with the key who either:
    A) Is not where they expected them to be and isn't answering radio/pages.
    B) Went on break and took the key with them.
    C) Went home with the key instead of passing it off to someone else.
    D) Is in automotive cutting a few dozen keys for someone.

At that point, you have to wait for a manager (if there is a backup key available) who is:
    A) On the other side of the store.
    B) Dealing with a delivery.
    C) On a break.
    D) Available within 3-5 minutes (after sorting out the first person for 15-20).

Of course, you can bypass some of this if you just get to know who usually has the keys and scan the aisles for them, directly, if during normal hours. In the evening, just skip straight to the finding the manager game.

Fullmag

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Sep 4, 2011
    During the obam-crap years plenty of paranoia going around. I was beginning to think the manager was out to do their personal best to move the gun control agenda forward. There was ammo on the shelf with no one at the counter or they had to wait for the person with the key. Waited 20 minutes the last time I bought ammo there. Now go to Rural King which is not very far from Walmart with as good prices.

Bartman

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    I'm in the Columbia City Walmart quite a bit, I usually get my ammo there. They haven't had guns in there, but they are remodeling the store and it looks like they are setting up a rifle case in the sporting section.

dugsagun

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2013
    portage
    I hunt in arkansas every year and the local big town has a walmart and the gun section has always been staffed whenever i was their. Granted it is in the middle deer season. I swore last year they still had some AR's in their too. I usually grab some 17hmr ammo when i get my license since its always the cheapest i have ever seen, as long as u like cci , heh.

Bfish

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Feb 24, 2013
    I noticed at walmart the other day that they have a sign on their firearms cabinet that says "If you want something we don't have, ask and see if we can order it for you". To be honest, I was surprised to see that.

walleyepw

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Sep 9, 2012
    Like some have said it depends on the Walmart if they carry guns. But don't tell your LGS that you bought a gun at Walmart, they will tell you that it is a second. Do all of the gun makers actualy sell only seconds and cheapened versions (marked the same) to Walmarts?

in625shooter

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Like some have said it depends on the Walmart if they carry guns. But don't tell your LGS that you bought a gun at Walmart, they will tell you that it is a second. Do all of the gun makers actualy sell only seconds and cheapened versions (marked the same) to Walmarts?

I laugh Everytime I heard that. Was a real popular story back in the 90's but haven't heard that one in a while.

DRob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Aug 2, 2008
    Southside of Indy
    I laugh Everytime I heard that. Was a real popular story back in the 90's but haven't heard that one in a while.

Did you hear the lifetime LTCH is going away? And, if you already have one, THEY will come for you shortly. You will be incarcerated in the Beech Grove railyards.

Oh, by the way, last time I was in the WalMart in Sterling, CO, they had a large selection of guns, ammo, reloading components, powder, primers, presses, and dies. The staff knew their stuff and getting a hunting license there was a 10 minute deal. The bigger issue for them is Colorado's legalization of marijuana. They still drug test and won't hire you if you test positive. It has reduced their workforce statewide. I think this is a High-Jack!

tcecil88

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 18, 2013
    @ the corner of IN, KY & OH.
    The super Walmart in Tell City doesn't carry guns, but the itty bitty one in Hardinsburg KY has a large gun selection.

I have never understood that about the Wally World in Tell City. I guess they want E&E to get all the gun money. At least Wal-Mart still sells ammo. Unless you want to drive to Corydon or Jasper, they are about the only reasonably priced choice for us non-reloaders. There are not many places around the area. Dave's Guns is about the same drive for me as going to WalMart or Rural King in Jasper though.

Gluemanz28

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Mar 4, 2013
    Elkhart County
    Elkhart Walmart has two of the rotary display cases full of shotguns and rifles.
    They currently have a Mini 14 there as well.

I got delayed both times I purchased from them.

I can get as good or better deals at Midwest Guns or ZX Guns and the Manager doesn't have to walk me out before handing me my gun that I passed the background check and paid for.

Top Bottom