• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    I do this too. Drives me crazy when people to that. I always return my cart to the cart corral too.

Over here you need a coin to get a cart, and you need to return it to get your coin back.

1487331528_0.jpg

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    I always give mine to some walking in or leave it unplugged so the next person saves a quarter. Pay it forward.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    From the another, now closed, thread.

[video=youtube;7pnhvWXbD1w]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7pnhvWXbD1w[/video]

911: what's you emergency?
    C: There is a guy here with a gun at the walmart...
    911: What he doing?
    C: He's buying fishing rods.
    911: We'll send the entire police department at once to get him.
    C: The maniac is looking a fishing lures now.
    911: OMG, Frank get on the horn to the National Guard and the FBI

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    I wonder if this is OK?
    Sniper-Ghillie-Suits-Camouflage-Hunting-3D-Clothing-Jungle-Military-Train-Hunting-Ghillie-Suit-Set-CS-Outdoor.jpg_640x640.jpg

His gun is mostly concealed.

I do not think bush that only moves when you are not looking should startle anyone.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    I do this too. Drives me crazy when people to that. I always return my cart to the cart corral too.
    I am a little embarrassed to say that most times I even organize the carts when I put mine in there. Some people just roll them in instead of pushing them into the one ahead...

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    I used to collect a couple of strays and wheel them in. The last time I went to Menard's I put to together and tried to push them with my walker but It didn't work.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I am a little embarrassed to say that most times I even organize the carts when I put mine in there. Some people just roll them in instead of pushing them into the one ahead...

I do the same darn thing.
    Guilty here too! :): But seriously, I see people leaving carts in a parking space less than 10 feet from the cart corral. How freaking LAZY do you have to be to not walk 10 feet (even if you don't do the organizing thing). The next person that wants to use that spot now has to not use it, or get out and do what the no good lazy SOB that left it there should've done in the first place. :xmad:

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I used to collect a couple of strays and wheel them in. The last time I went to Menard's I put to together and tried to push them with my walker but It didn't work.

Good on ya Tom! See my post above. If someone that uses a walker to get around can manage to not just make it to the cart corral, but like you, wheels them back into the store, then a perfectly healthy person has no damned excuse.

dudley0

Nobody Important
    Rating - 100%
    99   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Grant County
    But did the guy end up paying for the drink? There is a more important thought here. You can get free drinks at walmart with a life long ban.

Restroyer

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 13, 2015
    SE Indiana
    Well that was an incorrect headline. Click bait?? Walmart asked that you not open carry out of respect for victimÂ’s families of the Walmart tragedy. They didnÂ’t say you couldnÂ’t carry. They prolly wonÂ’t say a damn word about you open carrying. The owner of Walmart and his family are 2A supporters and hunters. But that being said it is private property and they can tell you they donÂ’t want you to have your firearms there. The unintelligent people I see in here saying stupid stuff is why we have to deal with this in the first place.

I seem to see a lot of people here screaming about 2A and someone stepping on their rights. What about people who donÂ’t agree with 2A. I mean at the core of things isnÂ’t one of the reasons for this countryÂ’s greatness is our right to believe in what we want without persecution?? Or do we only care about the second amendment here??
    Walmart has to deal with thousands of employees and millions of customers. Most if not all of the people in here would have no idea what that would be like.

Im not standing up for their decision. I think it sucks. I like Winchester white box for the range and that was always the best price I could find around here. And IÂ’m fat cannot hardly conceal any more but thatÂ’s life. Not their fault. ItÂ’s poor society condition that force them to have to respond in this way. Maybe thatÂ’s something you should put thought and effort into. Try to fix the problem not b@@@h about someoneÂ’s reaction to it.

But above all else please try to think about what you post. This thread could be used as an example for a news outlet to use as the “dumb hilljack” point of Veiw when discussing gun control. If you’re offended... if I get the boot... if someone else already touched base on this then I am sorry for that.

You say the owner of Wal-Mart and his family are 2A supporters? What about their CEO Doug McMillon ? He's the jerk making the decisions. Here's a lot of 2A supporters beef with Mr. McMillon: he's writing letters to Congress and the Administration for an "assault weapons ban" and for other stricter gun laws. He doesn't think handguns are needed for self-defense. He has a warped view of the 2nd Amendment that it protects hunting rights. It doesn't have a thing to do with hunting rights. He's called most of these other stores who followed his lead in trying to make a coalition of stores banning open carry. I personally don't open carry but I have an issue with a CEO from Wal-Mart who seems to be trying to outdo the CEO of Dick's Sporting Goods in getting guns banned and hurting law abiding gun owners. He has also joined Everytown for Gun Safety. You still think Wal-Mart is a supporter of 2A? He can run his store policies but when he starts using money and influence to tread on my 2A rights then I got a problem. And since you are new and you asked the question what about people who don't agree with the 2nd Amendment? Well, I don't care what they agree with since it's a Constitutional Right which isn't up for debate!

Walden54

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 11, 2012
    crawfordsville
    In Indiana if they post a sign saying no weapons it now holds weight of the law correct?

It always has. Big misconception here. Private property means owners choice. They can ask you to leave. Although it should be management asking. Yes you can kick and scream like a child as I have read several people here say they would. But if you read the laws (yes more than one) it has always stated that.

personal example
    a few years ago I went to the movies to see Ironman 3. The theater shooting at the Batman flick was still fresh. I had one of my cop friends ask me to go and there were 4 more of them I think. I walked up to the door and a very attractive officer was outside and asked me to step aside and talk. She asked me to remove my sidearm because the owners of the theater didnÂ’t want firearms present due to the nature of the film and the recent events at the batman movie. I took my gun back to my car. Secured it and went back in to the movie.
    DoesnÂ’t have to be a big deal. But I feel as a responsible gun owner I have to respect the law. A store is private property even though itÂ’s a public place I feel that is the biggest misconception here.

Walden54

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 11, 2012
    crawfordsville
    Destroyer...

You don’t have a right to carry on private property. It’s up to the owners discretion. I think that point gets lost here.

As far as Mcmillon goes fight him the same way he is “fighting” your rights. Join 2A groups. Write your congresspersons. I am new to this sight yes but not new to this argument. I look at all of our rights not just one. You obviously missed the point. Just try to be more educated about your ramblings is really what I’m trying to say.

Finally as an American Adult how do you look someone in the eye and ask them to respect your belief in your rights then turn around in the next sentence and say you don’t care about their’s? (I think the British did that a few hundred years ago.)Walmart isn’t stepping on your 2A just asking you to put your firearm in your “pocket”. They are trying to respect everyone’s beliefs. Maybe McMillon is messed up. But that was not who I was talking about.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom