• ...and so much more!
  • Restroyer

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 13, 2015
    SE Indiana
    Originally Posted by Walden54
    Well that was an incorrect headline. Click bait?? Walmart asked that you not open carry out of respect for victimÂ’s families of the Walmart tragedy. They didnÂ’t say you couldnÂ’t carry. They prolly wonÂ’t say a damn word about you open carrying. The owner of Walmart and his family are 2A supporters and hunters. But that being said it is private property and they can tell you they donÂ’t want you to have your firearms there. The unintelligent people I see in here saying stupid stuff is why we have to deal with this in the first place.

I seem to see a lot of people here screaming about 2A and someone stepping on their rights. What about people who donÂ’t agree with 2A. I mean at the core of things isnÂ’t one of the reasons for this countryÂ’s greatness is our right to believe in what we want without persecution?? Or do we only care about the second amendment here??
    Walmart has to deal with thousands of employees and millions of customers. Most if not all of the people in here would have no idea what that would be like.

Im not standing up for their decision. I think it sucks. I like Winchester white box for the range and that was always the best price I could find around here. And IÂ’m fat cannot hardly conceal any more but thatÂ’s life. Not their fault. ItÂ’s poor society condition that force them to have to respond in this way. Maybe thatÂ’s something you should put thought and effort into. Try to fix the problem not b@@@h about someoneÂ’s reaction to it.

But above all else please try to think about what you post. This thread could be used as an example for a news outlet to use as the “dumb hilljack” point of Veiw when discussing gun control. If you’re offended... if I get the boot... if someone else already touched base on this then I am sorry for that.

You don’t have a right to carry on private property. It’s up to the owners discretion. I think that point gets lost here.

Fight him the same way he is “fighting” your rights. Join 2A groups. Write your congresspersons. I am new to this sight yes but not new to this argument. I look at all of our rights not just one. You obviously missed the point. Just try to be more educated about your ramblings is really what I’m trying to say.

I didn't miss your point. Your comment calling people on this forum "unintelligent" and "uneducated" is not a positive way to get your "point" across especially when you make the following false statements:
    - that Wal-Mart is pro 2A
    - that we should give rat's a$$ that some people don't agree with the 2A when it's a Constitutional Right
    - that it's illegal to conceal carry in a store that doesn't want us to - no we have the right by law to carry and they have the right to ask us to leave if they find out we are conceal carrying and then if we don't leave we can be charged with trespassing (unless they are in a state or federally protected gun free zone which a store is not).
    - you state that "it's the right of people to believe something else without fear of persecution" yet you are OK with people legally carrying being persecuted?
    - you say "do we only care about the 2nd Amendment here?" Uh, maybe not only that issue, but being that you are on a Gun Forum - yeah, the 2A is a pretty BFD here. This particular forum is called the Legislation of the 2nd Amendment for God's sake.
    - and before you call people on this forum here uneducated and unintelligent, it's spelled "site" not "sight" as in website as referenced in your last post.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Retracted. I need a break from this stuff.

We're all on the same side here. (Most of us anyway). Instead of picking at one another, let's encourage each other to contact our reps, senators, the president, and store managers to urge restraint in jumping on the gun control ban wagon.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    A "sign" does not carry the weight of law in Indiana.

I can put a sign up on my house that says "No cursing allowed".
    If you come to my house and curse, I can not call the police to arrest you.
    I CAN tell you to leave.
    If you do not leave, then it becomes trespass, and then you can be arrested.

Yes, the property owner gets to set the rules.
    But you can't be arrested because of the sign. (with an exemption being for "if the sign is properly worded")

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Oh, a sign carries weight of law, if it is against the law to carry in that place.
    But, that's not because of the sign, it's because it's prohibited specifically by law.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville

Walden54

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 11, 2012
    crawfordsville
    Well that was an incorrect headline. Click bait?? Walmart asked that you not open carry out of respect for victimÂ’s families of the Walmart tragedy. They didnÂ’t say you couldnÂ’t carry. They prolly wonÂ’t say a damn word about you open carrying. The owner of Walmart and his family are 2A supporters and hunters. But that being said it is private property and they can tell you they donÂ’t want you to have your firearms there. The unintelligent people I see in here saying stupid stuff is why we have to deal with this in the first place.

I seem to see a lot of people here screaming about 2A and someone stepping on their rights. What about people who donÂ’t agree with 2A. I mean at the core of things isnÂ’t one of the reasons for this countryÂ’s greatness is our right to believe in what we want without persecution?? Or do we only care about the second amendment here??
    Walmart has to deal with thousands of employees and millions of customers. Most if not all of the people in here would have no idea what that would be like.

Im not standing up for their decision. I think it sucks. I like Winchester white box for the range and that was always the best price I could find around here. And IÂ’m fat cannot hardly conceal any more but thatÂ’s life. Not their fault. ItÂ’s poor society condition that force them to have to respond in this way. Maybe thatÂ’s something you should put thought and effort into. Try to fix the problem not b@@@h about someoneÂ’s reaction to it.

But above all else please try to think about what you post. This thread could be used as an example for a news outlet to use as the “dumb hilljack” point of Veiw when discussing gun control. If you’re offended... if I get the boot... if someone else already touched base on this then I am sorry for that.

I didn't miss your point. Your comment calling people on this forum "unintelligent" and "uneducated" is not a positive way to get your "point" across especially when you make the following false statements:
    - that we should give rat's a$$ that some people don't agree with the 2A when it's a Constitutional Right
    - that it's illegal to conceal carry in a store that doesn't want us to - no we have the right by law to carry and they have the right to ask us to leave if they find out we are conceal carrying and then if we don't leave we can be charged with trespassing (unless they are in a state or federally protected gun free zone which a store is not).
    - you state that "it's the right of people to believe something else without fear of persecution" yet you are OK with people legally carrying being persecuted?
    - you say "do we only care about the 2nd Amendment here?" Uh, maybe not only that issue, but being that you are on a Gun Forum - yeah, the 2A is a pretty BFD here. This particular forum is called the Legislation of the 2nd Amendment for God's sake.
    - and before you call people on this forum here uneducated and unintelligent, it's spelled "site" not "sight" as in website as referenced in your last post.

yes you missed the point and yes like the headline of this thread you missed quoted me several times. My phone does auto correct at times and yes I know it’s a site not a sight but we are on a gun site as you like to point out.

I didn’t say Walmart is pro 2A I said the owner Sam whatever his name is was. Walmart is struggling that’s true. If you could read the internal memos in their network you would see that also.

walmart stores in fact any public store is private property. And yes we can carry on said property IF it is not posted or we are not asked not to do so. But the can ask you leave for any reason. If they ask you to leave for any reason and you don’t then yes you should be prosecuted for that. That I believe in. It’s not a 2A issue at that point it’s a trespassing issue.

Walmart is not coming into your home and trying to take your guns. That is an infringement on 2A rights.

You miss quoted me again it is very legal to conceal carry in Walmart. They never said you couldn’t. If you have a source for that please do post it. Everything I read just stated “open carry”.

and I don’t care what forum or social media site your on there will always be uneducated people there. I did not say everyone on here nor did I intend to imply that.

I don’t post often here for the very reason we are having this conversation. I chimed in because of the misquote that landed in my email news letter.

Walmart in my opinion is a particularly “evil” corporation. And I don’t really shop there. And now I have one less reason to go. I am thankful for that. I lost convenience yes but the little gun shop I visit will be more thankful for the money.

when you look at America and our rights as a whole that is why I am saying any of this. Too many people on here have tunnel vision. I know people are just venting. The sooner people calm down and find legal ways to protest the better or community will be.

wanting people who ask for acceptance to be accepting is why I question your consideration of other people’s beliefs. It’s hypocritical to demand acceptance and not be accepting. I know what a right is I carry the 2A in my pocket everyday. I just don’t ignore the other rights we have and I don’t push my opinion or what I believe it to mean on others. That is what I feel America should be about.

Enjoy your day.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    I am fascinated when someone with seven posts, can’t spell, use punctuation or capitalization, lectures the rest of us on how uneducated we all are.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area

I see both side to his argument. But in this we all need to use our heads. Yes we have rights but so does the businesses we are discussing.
    I do believe you are being just a tad picky here but hey, we all have an opinion yes.....:)

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    It always has. Big misconception here. Private property means owners choice. They can ask you to leave. Although it should be management asking. Yes you can kick and scream like a child as I have read several people here say they would. But if you read the laws (yes more than one) it has always stated that.

personal example
    a few years ago I went to the movies to see Ironman 3. The theater shooting at the Batman flick was still fresh. I had one of my cop friends ask me to go and there were 4 more of them I think. I walked up to the door and a very attractive officer was outside and asked me to step aside and talk. She asked me to remove my sidearm because the owners of the theater didnÂ’t want firearms present due to the nature of the film and the recent events at the batman movie. I took my gun back to my car. Secured it and went back in to the movie.
    DoesnÂ’t have to be a big deal. But I feel as a responsible gun owner I have to respect the law. A store is private property even though itÂ’s a public place I feel that is the biggest misconception here.

Not directed at just you sir but people please fix your phones or at least read your posts before putting them up on the board. This gives my poor :oldwise: brain the hurts.....:):

IronsKeeper

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Aug 5, 2018
    Not today, ISIS
    walmart stores in fact any public store is private property. And yes we can carry on said property IF it is not posted or we are not asked not to do so. But the can ask you leave for any reason. If they ask you to leave for any reason and you don’t then yes you should be prosecuted for that. That I believe in. It’s not a 2A issue at that point it’s a trespassing issue.

Even if it's posted, unless it is a K-12 school/daycare/court building (where you actually cannot carry, among others), you can still legally walk right past that sign.

I go to the movies on occasion. The sign doesn't bother me, and in an instance where concealed is the most appropriate choice, my gun apparently has not bothered or been noticed by them.
    Same with every bank in town except the one that actually has a "weapons detection system" and I won't go there nor open an account. Apparently they were robbed double digits before that happened, so why risk it anyway?

acteon, I know you addressed this much better but he immediately posted after you did and still claimed incorrect things.

Sent from my LM-G710 using Tapatalk

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    Noob is not Noob to this world. He deserves our respect to the point that we do not get personal.

Where I disagree with you Walden is your comportment, 'nough said...

and saying that Walmart is not attempting to take away our guns. They have been in cahoots with Everytown since it's inception.

mergatroid

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 30, 2018
    INDIANAPOLIS
    And another thing!........

OK, Walmart private business on private land, can do as they please, their right.

But Walmart just tied the whole of law abiding gun owners to the problem of gun violence. What the heck did I do?????????

That is huge.

And deserves a response in some fashion.

Sigblitz

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 25, 2018
    Indianapolis
    I'm about to check the rainbox but I'll add my :twocents:. I am feeling like there is a push for ALL gun sales to go through a background check, and gun owners are constantly being put in the spotlight. Today we're the gun owners who can't seem to stay out of the news. Tomorrow we'll be the gun owners who sell the firearms to criminals. Keep us relevant. We must be stopped.

Sigblitz

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 25, 2018
    Indianapolis
    This is a good backdrop to push for enhanced background checks. Claim that everyone is scared of the sight of someone carrying, and push for more regulation. Maybe this is a better way to put it.

Top Bottom