• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Pinchaser

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 26, 2012
    Walmart responds to ‘suspended ammo’ story

WalMart has made NO STATEMENT suggesting that they intend to quit or suspend sales of ammo. NONE.

You kids who post on here and other websites spreading gossip are the gun community's WORST PROBLEM. You are 100x worse than Barack Hussein.

The reason that WalMart has a supply problem is that THERE IS A SUPPLY PROBLEM. That's why your shelves are empty.

Quit posting crap. We are ALL tired of seeing it, here and elsewhere.

gotojuston

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 22, 2010
    Downstairs, behind the axe
    Talked to a guy at Dick's today who said the shortage (for them) was about 6-8 more weeks. No source cited other than the guy selling me over-priced handgun ammo.

(hey, I had a gift card to get rid of. This is the last time I'll go in there, I swear!)

Khazik

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 29, 2012
    Fort Wayne, IN
    Ya I went to walmart tonight to get some stuff, ammo just happened to jump on the list. They had 4 boxes of 12ga slugs, had 22 WMR's and HMR17's (does anyone use these?) and lots of 20ga. Talked to the guy behind the counter said the ammo rumor isn't true, they're just 'divy'ing them up' as he said. Just a shortage and supply problem, said he ordered $14k worth of ammo from the supplier, just doesn't know if it'll all be filled.

MadMan66

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 7, 2012
    Hogshitt's Paradise
    The Anderson Walmart's ammo shelf has been pretty barren the past couple of trips I've been out there. I made a trip to visit my mother in Indianapolis yesterday, and decided to stop at the East Washington Street Walmart to see if it would be more fruitful in its ammo stock. And it WAS!! They had their whole cabinet almost full with most all calibers. I noticed no .223 though, but I'm not after that so I didn't mind. I went ahead and got a few hundred rounds of .45 and .32. No one was in the aisle when I got back there but by the time I could find someone to help me, there were 4 or 5 other people browsing their selection. Just thought I'd let you all know in case you were looking for a place that still had some (as of sunday anyway).

Giddaltti

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    Carmel, IN.
    I beg to differ at the moment. Here in town the sales guy tried to order ammo by scanning and got a message back that said, not available. Call it what you like however this is fact. I understand a shortage of ammo. But not beingable to order or stock up is the same as no ammo for the time being. In addition we are simply sharing info and everyone decides for themselves.

llamant

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2010
    Local blue vester I talked to claims each local store was making purchases. But now they are combining stores into regional buys, claims it has to do with someone at the top getting to many papers stacked on his desk to buy non-available ammo right now. He says they are to get with other stores in the region, make a group order and, once filled, divy up what comes in, whenever it becomes available. :dunno:

Pinchaser

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 26, 2012
    I beg to differ at the moment. Here in town the sales guy tried to order ammo by scanning and got a message back that said, not available. Call it what you like however this is fact. I understand a shortage of ammo. But not beingable to order or stock up is the same as no ammo for the time being. In addition we are simply sharing info and everyone decides for themselves.

Beg to differ somewhere else. What part of "we're tired of it" didn't you get? Enough unsubstantiated gossip from people who haven't a clue. "The sales guy...." :rolleyes:

Mackey

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 4, 2011
    interwebs

WalMart has made NO STATEMENT suggesting that they intend to quit or suspend sales of ammo. NONE.

You kids who post on here and other websites spreading gossip are the gun community's WORST PROBLEM. You are 100x worse than Barack Hussein.

The reason that WalMart has a supply problem is that THERE IS A SUPPLY PROBLEM. That's why your shelves are empty.

I disagree. They are only twice as worse as Barack Hussein.
    I've told you a million times not to exaggerate.

People are just freaking because many or most stores' ammo shelves are getting bare (because of gun owners freaking).

Vic_Mackey

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 14, 2009
    Beastside

Well excuse the hell out of me for reporting things as they come in (which is how things get verified or debunked around here). I'm glad to see your 150 "quality" **** and moan/authority on everything posts represent what ALL of INGO and elsewhere think, you must be the new leader of the gun forums everyone has been waiting for.

Sorry for the snarky comments, bud, but calling this "kid" worse than BHO will get you nothing but snarky comments.

:welcome: to :ingo:.

R2007

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 27, 2012
    Plainfield area
    Patience is a virtue. We will all be able to pick up a box of ammo when we have to run for milk and bread....May take until March or April, but we will enjoy the grocery store once again

Pinchaser

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 26, 2012
    Well excuse the hell out of me for reporting things as they come in (which is how things get verified or debunked around here). I'm glad to see your 150 "quality" **** and moan/authority on everything posts represent what ALL of INGO and elsewhere think, you must be the new leader of the gun forums everyone has been waiting for.

Sorry for the snarky comments, bud, but calling this "kid" worse than BHO will get you nothing but snarky comments.

:welcome: to :ingo:.

Consider yourself debunked....

More maturity, less childish nonsense. We will all appreciate it. Thanks.

LarryC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 18, 2012
    Frankfort
    I beg to differ at the moment. Here in town the sales guy tried to order ammo by scanning and got a message back that said, not available. Call it what you like however this is fact. I understand a shortage of ammo. But not being able to order or stock up is the same as no ammo for the time being. In addition we are simply sharing info and everyone decides for themselves.
    DUH - that you blame Wallmart does surprise me. I have been on the internet looking at supplies - actually don't really need much but always looking - and just about every supplier is showing the same thing "not available". That just means they don't have any in stock and probably don't know when the suppliers will catch up. Wallmart stores, as I understand (I may be in error), is supplied by their own warehouses in various parts of the country and the stock is purchased by the warehouses. I know Sear's used to work this way. If the warehouse doesn't have an item, nor a delivery date for delivery of the item - I'm sure a store request would be "not available". How this could be interpreted as "Wallmart no longer selling ammo" is beyond me.

Top Bottom