• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 1donos

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Indiana
    If they are selling or not isnt the problem. The problem is that they are in closed door meetings discussing how they can participate or benefit by limiting our 2nd amendment rights. I personally will not support them or shop in their stores until their involvement becomes more clear.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    Walmart has denied the rumors. There is no reliable proof to the contrary. So now what? They have to deny the unsubstantiated rumors even HARDER? The NRA was in closed door meetings too. Let's ignore what it says about the meetings and boycott it too.

Do they have some magic wand that they can get ammo supplies when everyone else is having trouble finding it....because WE bought out the stock like caffeinated lemmings?

Giddaltti

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    Carmel, IN.
    DUH - that you blame Wallmart does surprise me. I have been on the internet looking at supplies - actually don't really need much but always looking - and just about every supplier is showing the same thing "not available". That just means they don't have any in stock and probably don't know when the suppliers will catch up. Wallmart stores, as I understand (I may be in error), is supplied by their own warehouses in various parts of the country and the stock is purchased by the warehouses. I know Sear's used to work this way. If the warehouse doesn't have an item, nor a delivery date for delivery of the item - I'm sure a store request would be "not available". How this could be interpreted as "Wallmart no longer selling ammo" is beyond me.

Not sure how you found a "blame" in my comment. At this time they can't order any. I understand all comes from the warehouse but I did not ask. Simply passing info, again just passing a fact as of Monday.

mbills2223

Eternal Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 16, 2011
    Indy
    Well excuse the hell out of me for reporting things as they come in (which is how things get verified or debunked around here). I'm glad to see your 150 "quality" **** and moan/authority on everything posts represent what ALL of INGO and elsewhere think, you must be the new leader of the gun forums everyone has been waiting for.

Sorry for the snarky comments, bud, but calling this "kid" worse than BHO will get you nothing but snarky comments.

:welcome: to :ingo:.

:+1:

Consider yourself debunked....

More maturity, less childish nonsense. We will all appreciate it. Thanks.

:rolleyes::n00b:

Archer46176

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 21, 2012
    South East of Indy
    I havent swen anything about thwm suapending thwir buying on the corporate level. What I HAVE read is that they are having supply problems so corporate has stopped the "ordering" from their warehouse until they can get sufficient supplies to fill said orders.
    I was told by one kf the upper level managers of our walmart that this waa the case. He also told me quite aome tkme ago that theh can order whatever they want but someone at the corporate level decides if they get it or not. I am sure it had to do with demand and the time of the order placed. As a former retail meatdepartment manager and ACTUAL BUTCHER not MEAT CUTTER, you got what you ordered on a first come first serve basis. If you needed 10 boxes of chucks but they only had 5 left you got those 5 and possibly 5 boxes of arms to fill in with.

Yodes

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 25, 2012
    Noble County
    I asked the man behind the guns & ammo counter at local Walmart about it. He said Walmart HQ is ordering ammo for stores but he also said he can and has ordered what he wants for the store directly from Federal, its on backorder of course.

tca1352

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Nov 7, 2009
    Bought 7 boxes of Remington UMC .223 just this morning at the walmart in plainfield....$7.97 per 20 round box.

Reel Man

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 8, 2010
    ammo

If any outlet can get the product (ammo) no matter what it is they sell. Money is the bottom line. They can hate guns all they want, but profit drives the economic world. :twocents:

Water63

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 18, 2010
    West Central IN
    There is a ammo shortage everywhere. Wal-Mart as big as they are is still not exempt from the shortage. I have seen this rumor for awhile but the guy I know at our Wal-Mart has told me they are still getting some ammo in they never know what they will get or when it's coming. The warehouse is out so as it trickles into the warehouse it is sent out to the stores. Yea they increased their prices but everything usually goes up after the first of the year anyway. I was able to pick up some Thunderbolt ammo today for $2.17 a box. That is not much more than it was before this shortage. They got in 8 bricks and everyone just took 1 that spread it out any one of us could have hoarded it all because they are not putting limits on it but we all wanted some and were civil and fair about it. This shortage will pass but people got to let them catch up. I have called Wal-Mart customer service about this and the lady I talked to said that they are just experiencing a shortage and that it was out of their control and they hopped things would get back to normal in a few months.

Top Bottom