• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • shootersix

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    sure you can walk into Walmart in your pajamas, but if you walk in in your underwear to buy some pj's you get trespassed!..."thanks bin laden!"

JCSR

NO STAGE PLAN
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2017
    Santa Claus
    I'm guessing that there was evidence of some kind that he was operating the vehicle somewhere other than his driveway.

Yes, he was napping with the keys in the ignition. His argument about being in his own driveway fell on deaf ears.
    He blew 2 times the limit after napping several hours.

Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    Can you get a dui on private property?

Yes, although I've heard most police don't generally bother unless they get called out usually when someone is injured. But "electric personal mobility assistance devices" are exempt. Not sure if the walmart scooters would count.

I remember a case from a few years back where a guy got one mowing his yard. Rolled the mower on a hill and was disoriented and smelled of alcohol when the police showed up. The charges were eventually dismissed because they didn't do chemical tests andhe had a head injury which would explain his disorientation.

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    You're putting an awful lot of thought into this mom. You're not planning a trip to Walmart soon are you? :):

Well, I don't normally shop there, but this could be a reason to start if they are giving out free wine and pringles. Just trying to decide if they provide the straws too! :lmfao:

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    Well, I don't normally shop there, but this could be a reason to start if they are giving out free wine and pringles. Just trying to decide if they provide the straws too! :lmfao:

Just don't forget to clean out your can before you put the wine in it. They have a name for this but can't think of it off the top of my head. . . .

Cygnus

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 24, 2009
    New England
    I'm guessing that there was evidence of some kind that he was operating the vehicle somewhere other than his driveway.

Yes, he was napping with the keys in the ignition. His argument about being in his own driveway fell on deaf ears.
    He blew 2 times the limit after napping several hours.

Yes, although I've heard most police don't generally bother unless they get called out usually when someone is injured. But "electric personal mobility assistance devices" are exempt. Not sure if the walmart scooters would count.

I remember a case from a few years back where a guy got one mowing his yard. Rolled the mower on a hill and was disoriented and smelled of alcohol when the police showed up. The charges were eventually dismissed because they didn't do chemical tests andhe had a head injury which would explain his disorientation.

I am pretty sure that in MI if you can easily drive up from the road to where you are (easement?) , you can get a DUI. Case made the news a few years back. Perhaps it's the one some of you
    mentioned.

Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    I am pretty sure that in MI if you can easily drive up from the road to where you are (easement?) , you can get a DUI. Case made the news a few years back. Perhaps it's the one some of you
    mentioned.

The case I'm thinking of was definitely in IN, and there is no requirement to easily drive up to the road here either. You can also get a DUI on a non motorized vehicle such as a bicycle or horse drawn wagon. But not for riding a horse.

Top Bottom