• ...and so much more!
  • patience0830

.22 magician
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 96.6%
    28   1   0
    Nov 3, 2008
    Not far from the tree
    If we had our :poop: together as Second Amendment advocates, Walmart would have no ammo business at all.

Or any other dollars from us, for that matter. :twocents:

Support Walmart and you are supporting anti-gun organizations. :nono:

You support Walmart and you are supporting me. Thanks all who are anti cancel culture and pro capitalism.

Lotta folks are working and eating because of Walmart. But do what you want.

Lt Scott 14

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 18, 2018
    Porter County
    I quit WM when the handgun and 223 ammo went bye bye. Dicks, Cheaper Than Dirt, both poor excuses for shooting sports. Sure hope their world doesn't depend on my $. Have a couple LGS who see me more often, and even a couple of close gun shows offer goods as well. Economy has truly driven prices and availability, and panic buying bought guys new cars.
    The clearance on used firearms should be interesting when someone trades a $700 Glock in and gets $300.
    I will start some holiday looking then. Thank you WallyMart!

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Walmart should be hated for their business practices in general, not what guns and ammo they want to sell.

There was a documentary floating around a decade or so ago. It showed the process seller reps go through to get their products on the shelf with WM buyers. One of the reason our products are going to crap is because of Walmart. Here is how it works.

You have a toaster you make in Gurney, IL. You sell them wholesale for $20.
    The buyer says "no, we wont pay more than $12."
    You reply "We cant do that. It costs us $15 to make!"
    They then counter that they can do one of two things.
    1: work with a consultant to redesign your product using cheaper materials or some other way to make it less expensive, or
    2: hook you up with one of their overseas partners, who can build that toaster for you for $8 in India.
    And if you dont like either of those options, there is the door. You just dont get access to the largest market in the country. (at the time, this was pre-Amazon)

That is one reason you see lots of slight variations in model numbers, and prices. Next time you see the "same" product on the shelf at both WM and Target for instance, look carefully at the models. The one at Target will be "model 1488" and the WM one "model 1488-w". There will be some slight variation in the model number because its a cheaper version of the regular one. And thats if we are lucky enough that the company doesnt just cave completely and fire their current factory and make ALL their products using Walmart's overseas partners.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    For once maybe Walmart really had the pupose of playing it safe for the communitys.

Walmart will do what is best for Walmart, period. Not that it's a completely bad thing, as Patience said, it's capitalism. I'm not a Walmart fan, but I'm also not really against them. There are just better options typically for me to match my needs these days (better quality better experience/customer service, and I can get better prices and overall value elsewhere for my needs. That said when I was scraping by in the earlier years, I shopped there).

Walmart should be hated for their business practices in general, not what guns and ammo they want to sell.

There was a documentary floating around a decade or so ago. It showed the process seller reps go through to get their products on the shelf with WM buyers. One of the reason our products are going to crap is because of Walmart. Here is how it works.

You have a toaster you make in Gurney, IL. You sell them wholesale for $20.
    The buyer says "no, we wont pay more than $12."
    You reply "We cant do that. It costs us $15 to make!"
    They then counter that they can do one of two things.
    1: work with a consultant to redesign your product using cheaper materials or some other way to make it less expensive, or
    2: hook you up with one of their overseas partners, who can build that toaster for you for $8 in India.
    And if you dont like either of those options, there is the door. You just dont get access to the largest market in the country. (at the time, this was pre-Amazon)

That is one reason you see lots of slight variations in model numbers, and prices. Next time you see the "same" product on the shelf at both WM and Target for instance, look carefully at the models. The one at Target will be "model 1488" and the WM one "model 1488-w". There will be some slight variation in the model number because its a cheaper version of the regular one. And thats if we are lucky enough that the company doesnt just cave completely and fire their current factory and make ALL their products using Walmart's overseas partners.

Amazon does something very similar with their Amazon Basics line, and if the reports are to be believed, they have microwaves, etc catching on fire and have dodged removing them from shelves, etc. Amazon is absolutely not your friend either.

Business has to be in business to stay in business. These extremely large businesses that operate on extreme volume, do everything they can to increase their margin, etc. Again, not inherently bad, people just need to pick the places they do business with and the model of business they do that best fits their needs and place in life. If you go for the cheapest place in business don't expect anything else.

ANGAirman

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 23, 2013
    Even before walmart stopped selling handgun and "evil" black gun ammo I stopped shopping there because I wasted so much time for someone to come and open the case. It just got worse and worse till at times I was waiting 20-30 minutes. At that point it wasn't worth the savings and I started reloading a lot more ammo ;-D.

warren5421

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 23, 2010
    Plainfield
    In Ohio they sold their guns at real discounted prices. My brother bought 10 rifles paying $89.00 to $129.00 total of $983.47. Savage, Winchester Model 70 and Ruger's.

jwestks

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 12, 2014
    leoti
    it's walmsrts lose, if I spend my ammo dollars at my favorite gun shop, at least I'm helping my mom and pop store survive!

Top Bottom