• ...and so much more!
  • kingpin1779

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2010
    near covington
    wallmart guns

wally world lost my support when they stopped selling firearms. i recommend you find a local gun shop, store, mom and pop operation. and become friends. the good deals will follow !!! support your local gun shop !!:twocents:

Chance

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 25, 2009
    Berne
    Decatur has them

10-22, $217 in Decatur, IN.

Just a thought...anyone remember who else used to sell guns? Target, Danners 3D, K-Mart, Heck's..all of these were in my home town. Plus, every small country store had a gun rack in the back.

Wal Mart is what it is because many people choose to shop there. The others shown above are either out of business or changed their minds on firearms. At least Wal Mart has continued to sell ammo, unlike Target.....:twocents:

Noland

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 28, 2009
    Elkhart Co.
    A few years ago I bought the Walmart exclusive stainless 10/22 with 22" barrel.

I wanted to buy some Federal 22lr while I was there but couldn't because, as the pro at the counter explained to me, buying ammo with a gun is a violation of federal law.

He was even nice enough to walk me to my truck so as to prevent me from violating the state law that forbade me from carrying it out myself.

I might buy another gun there if that was the only place that had it, but otherwise I gladly shop at the local gun stores.

RichardR

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2010
    Walmart used to sell a dealer exclusive Ruger 10/22 model that everyone called the "Wallyworld special" - they are very very nice for a factory 10/22, that is if you can find them, they are stainless steel, 22" barrel, checkered walnut deluxe sporter stock, sling swivels, rubber butt-pad, machined aluminum trigger group, no barrel band, stamped RIFLE instead of carbine, etc.

I bought one for my youngest daughter when she was born, so that'd been about 8.5 years or so ago.

Drakkule

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Jul 9, 2011
    Butler,IN. 46721
    The Wal-mart in Angola still sells firearms, but i support my local shops. Yeah i paid a little more, but the money stays in my community. I would check local shops before making a decision.

usermax2000

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 11, 2010
    wal-mart

Yes walmart sells guns the one in plymouth does and the one in south bend.. Also the one in valpo does...:ar15::patriot:

throttletony

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jul 11, 2011
    nearby
    I hate to support Walmart, but price is king. For something as widespread as a 10/22, I'd say look at some local stores, you should be able to find one for about the same price. For other guns though, it is hard to beat Walmart, and I myself might give-in to getting a new slug gun there for next year. (if i can save more than $40 I might go with Walmart)

85t5mcss

Master
    Rating - 95.2%
    20   1   0
    Mar 23, 2011
    Zionsville-NW Indy
    R u guys sure its such a better deal to look elsewhere and find a price thats better than WalMart? Don't get me wrong, I try to avoid them but price matters, too.

What I am getting it is why should I drive all over town and around the surrounding cities to possibly save $10? My truck's fuel economy is a whopping 16MPG and if I cart him around or he drives the deal that could have been has cost more money in the long run due to the fuel consumed. I DO support the local guy-last 2 I bought were PSS and Bradis-but with the original OP stating this guy is on a strict budget but would really like a rifle what should he do? Spending his budget driving around is not an option for everybody and I'm not gonna drive him around every weekend and steal from my gun funds, either.

SO, who has the BEST 10/22 prices in Indianapolis area and he can pick up something in 1 trip?

Last edited:

85t5mcss

Master
    Rating - 95.2%
    20   1   0
    Mar 23, 2011
    Zionsville-NW Indy
    what she who do?
    First off, I agree with you. But to your quote above ^ I say :n00b:
    LOL-Fixed. No clue how I did that. Guess the brain was going faster than my fingers can type.:D

IF-BIG IF-Gun shops advertised prices online or here at INGO or TV or whatever it would help. But sadly, it doesn't work like that. Only a little bit with Bradis specials and some flyers and mailing lists.

Sig-Bandit

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Dec 26, 2009
    Columbus
    Spend the extra few bucks and support your local gunshop. While your there enjoy being surrounded by pro-gun folks and talking with people who actually know something about firearms.

blaster2

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Jul 13, 2011
    Indianapolis
    I didn't know that Walmart was carrying guns again in Indy. Last time they stopped selling them they were give away prices to dump them. It was awesome!

Top Bottom