• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DocHoliday

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 16, 2012
    How many of you notice that the weekday crew finds misplaced boxes of ammo from the weekend on Mondays around noon? I saw this today after asking the manager last night and then seeing the cage in the morning. Mysteriously 9 and 45 appeared at lunch.

DocHoliday

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 16, 2012
    Is it just me or is Walmart flooding the market right now and Rural King is dry? I think I just stared at the cabinet with another two guys and we actually debated what calibers we were going to get at 10:00 AM. Today was a good day.

whippo

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 17, 2013
    Indianapolis
    Is it just me or is Walmart flooding the market right now and Rural King is dry? I think I just stared at the cabinet with another two guys and we actually debated what calibers we were going to get at 10:00 AM. Today was a good day.

+1 my 44 mag hasn't been fired in almost 6months Walmart changed that today!

Jeepster48439

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Marion County
    Stopped at the Walmart at 86 & Michigan. They had Fed 9mm 135grn Hydra-Shok in the cabinet for $22.97. Second time in the last week for this ammo. They also had some .223 and .40 S&W.

Lebowski

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 6, 2013
    Between corn and soybean fields.
    Wal-Mart in Madison seems to have some hunting rounds in, but as far as pistol ammo darn near nothing unless you have a .22

A few weeks ago they had 3 boxes of .45ACP on the shelf, I picked one up. Went back a week later and they were out. Asked the guy behind the counter when they'd get more in and he said ( I swear to you ), "I dunno, whenever Obama lets us I guess".

I said, "Heh" and walked away... Pretty ignorant comment but didn't want to engage him in further discussion. I'll continue to check as I do my grocery shopping there often.

kalboy

Master
    Site Supporter
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    Jun 10, 2009
    S Indiana
    Seeing more and more at the Wally here and at a couple I pass over in KY.
    Remmy 225 rd GBs for under $10 , had several. Minimags too, I forget the price tho.
    Seems like $8.97 maybe.
    Seeing a lot of the white boxed Tula brass cased ammo in the pistol calibers , this is a new
    one here. Running a buck or so less than the Federal Champion .

Last edited:

nox

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 13, 2009
    TX->IL->IN->MO->IN
    My Walmart of choice (St Peters, MO) had all pistol calibers and 5.56 in stock yesterday. They also had a Colt AR in the case for $900.

Side note: Cabelas had a waist high bin on Pmags for sale at $15/ea.

cmamath13

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Mar 3, 2013
    Greenwood
    My Walmart of choice (St Peters, MO) had all pistol calibers and 5.56 in stock yesterday. They also had a Colt AR in the case for $900.

Side note: Cabelas had a waist high bin on Pmags for sale at $15/ea.
    Good for you! Enjoy it. Seems like many other locations are in such good shape.

MMcarriesaSR9c

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 6, 2013
    Like any place else, you need to be there are the right time. Still cannot believe it is still that hard to find.

whomhead

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 28, 2013
    NE Indiana
    I just scored some Federal AutoMatch 22lr at my local WM late last week. Ammo is the only reason I'll set foot in a WM, and even then I don't like it. :D

ru44mag

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 6, 2013
    Just bought 3 boxes of 100 round WWB 9mm today for $24.97 per box. First time I have seen it since things got crazy. They had 2 boxes of Federal Auto match 22LR, but I left them because someone just called asking for .22 ammo and the lady said she had it and I didn't want to take it from someone else. Besides I still have most of the 2500 rounds I had before things got crazy.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 11, 2012
    01001111 01001000
    I've managed to get lucky a few times over the past several months. It's been enough to support an occasional trip to the range but my trips are definitely fewer and farther between. If only I could afford the initial investment of reloading...

TEK

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 1, 2013
    st joe county
    the ammo and sporter demand curves are about to crash. prices are already reflecting it. I'm going to wait for a big price nosedive to happen over the next 6 months before I buy a darn thing. I got plenty laid back.

dnurk

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 20, 2012
    Boone County
    I've managed to get lucky a few times over the past several months. It's been enough to support an occasional trip to the range but my trips are definitely fewer and farther between. If only I could afford the initial investment of reloading...

Even that would not help much right now. Very hard to find basic stuff like primers, powder, and bullets. I know as I am someone just getting into it. Just a ton of demand right now for anything ammo related.

Top Bottom