• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    If it is a ploy just to get us into the store and spend money on other things, then in this case, it is the thought that counts, and that sign makes me say; OK!

Don't shop Wal-mart, but if they are going to support firearm owners, for what ever reason, then I will support them and will make it know why.

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    If a Walmart store were smart...

They'd have only a handful of employees that ONLY did the gun cabinet, and they'd only have certain hours for firearms sales.

Other employees could do the ammo cabinet in the hours "outside" the hours that the gun folks do.

You'd be able to only train who needed trained, and train them better.

wishful thinking on my part, though, I know.

-J-

Llamaguy

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 23, 2012
    Arkadelphia, AR
    But will they be able to find someone who works in shoorting goods or the key to open the case???
    True! it takes forever for anyone to actually come to the counter. That's why when I need .22 I just go to Meijers where it's just sitting on a shelf. Unfortunately they don't stock 7.62 or Federal bulk .40SW.

amboran

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 25, 2008
    Brownstown,IN
    Not entirely profit driven....Here's a clue how it might have happened....
    My wife and daughter are avid quilters-belong to a local quilting club.Lots of friends and family members are quilters,too.She and her friends at church probably spend more on fabric than anyone will believe and over 90%is bought at walmart-much ,much cheaper than at JoAnns or any other fabric store.They realized that walmarts were discontinuing fabric in a lot of stores-so I suggested calling 1800walmart,sending e-mails,and calling local store managers to make them realize how unhappy they were and they might buy groceries and other necessities elsewhere if they don't "listen" to the wants and needs of their "no longer silent" customer base. She actually received several return e-mails from walmart thanking her for voicing her opinions and for her business.I know several other family members did the same,too.(We have family in AZ and FL too) I'm not saying this was the big impact that caused walmart to start putting fabric back in stores,but...letting them know doesn't hurt,I guess:dunno:

Rollerman

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 1, 2012
    Goshen

They'd have only a handful of employees that ONLY did the gun cabinet, and they'd only have certain hours for firearms sales.

Other employees could do the ammo cabinet in the hours "outside" the hours that the gun folks do.

-J-

Agreed, my wife being a "ZMS" kinda a team leader over multiple departments they pull bodies as needed & where they are needed.

So the guy in sporting goods may need to mix paint, pull pallets for stock, or walk his or her department.

I think SG's department should be more like there jewlery department or the vision centers where they have dedicated employees in those departments.

On the downside the people associates in jewlery are easy targets for shoppers who want an associate to help them elswhere.

.45 Dave

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 13, 2010
    Anderson

-J-

I applied for a job at the Anderson Walmart and told them I wanted to work in the sporting goods. I can guarantee if they ever hire me I'll make darn sure that the counter is taken care of by someone knowledgeable about firearms and ammo (not pretending to be an expert on ALL guns and ammo, but I certainly know a whole lot more than the people they usually have there) However, I'm not holding my breath.

mizzi

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 19, 2011
    Broad Ripple
    Some carry ammo, some carry ammo & guns, some carry nothing... Probably up to "market" research, manager looking at revenue, lawyers determining some walmarts could be in risky places so they don't carry anything more than airsoft, space, and other miscellaneous factors. Being based in Arkansas and not NY.

Not my first, second, or third option for ammo, definitely wouldn't purchase a firearm there under any circumstances, but nice to know if I need some ammo at 3 am the 24 hour Walmart could be a solution! Hahahaha!

Top Bottom