• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • sheltowee

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 18, 2013
    Seymour
    By the way...... I went to the Walmart in Columbus. The guy there said that they no longer have the catalog, but if you know what you want he can look it up on his computer and see if they have it.

223 Gunner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    201   0   0
    Jan 7, 2009
    Red Sector A
    By the way...... I went to the Walmart in Columbus. The guy there said that they no longer have the catalog, but if you know what you want he can look it up on his computer and see if they have it.

Or you can do it yourself at walmart.com. That is all he is doing, and you won't even have to leave your house. I know you can use a computer since you are posting on here.

Restroyer

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 13, 2015
    SE Indiana
    Or you can do it yourself at walmart.com. That is all he is doing, and you won't even have to leave your house. I know you can use a computer since you are posting on here.
    Wal-Mart.com does not have all the guns that are in Wal-Mart's catalog. Some are on wal-mart.com but I'm not sure if you can order from the website or not. To the OP I do know my local Wal_mart has a catalog. I also know that most of their sales associates are super lazy and tend to not want to look in the catalog. They just like to say No we cannot get that model etc. I usually then ask to speak to the store manager and the associate at the gun counter says well let me double check and usually you can order it. I have bought guns from Wal-mart and it can be a pain in the rear but the savings are usually substantial enough to put up with it. Unfortunately, their gun counter associates tend to be the most lazy individuals you can find.

Restroyer

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 13, 2015
    SE Indiana
    Knowing what I know about their practices of demanding a certain price for an item which causes the manufacturer to cut corners and build a special, cheaper version for Walmart distribution, be VERY careful. Make sure the model number in their catalog matches EXACTLY the model on the maker's website.

Totally random example:
    [STRIKE]Winchester[/STRIKE] Remington wants Walmart to sell their 870. They suggest a price of $329, which is what everybody else is selling them for. Walmart says "No, it needs to be priced at $275." (which leaves either no margin for [STRIKE]Winchester[/STRIKE] Remington or not enough to stay in the black)
    So [STRIKE]Winchester[/STRIKE] Remington creates a "new walmart exclusive" version of the 870. With changes such as lower grade wood furniture, plastic trigger guard instead of metal, MIM parts instead of machined, less stringent QC, etc.

[STRIKE]Winchester[/STRIKE] Remington 870 from everybody else has a model number of 25568 Walmart's model is listed as 25568-WM

Sometimes when you see a much lower price at Walmart, What you are getting is not absolutely identical to what everyone else is selling. Buyer beware.

I'll call this statement total BS. I have bought several guns from wal-mart and none of them have a model stamp with a WM on it. Need to get your facts correct before post rumors. You heard it on the internet so it must be true? It's makes no sense from a manufacturing standpoint. Personal Example: I got a Savage rifle at Wal-Mart for about $80 less than the exact same rifle my father in law has. We shoot them together and they are the exact same model. When I shoot with him I put a piece of tape on the stock so we can tell them apart. Wal-Mart can charge less because it's called BUYING POWER. And they pay their associates minimum wages.

Kakahn02

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 22, 2013
    Jay County
    Last week I asked my local Wal-Mart (Winchester,In) if they still had a catalog. The employee said they had an old one and handed me a 2014, but said they could look up on the computer whatever I wanted. They even turned the computer screen so I could help guide them through the different menus.

223 Gunner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    201   0   0
    Jan 7, 2009
    Red Sector A
    Last week I asked my local Wal-Mart (Winchester,In) if they still had a catalog. The employee said they had an old one and handed me a 2014, but said they could look up on the computer whatever I wanted. They even turned the computer screen so I could help guide them through the different menus.

Like everything in life, it depends on who helps you. Sounds like a good employee at that Wal-Mart. I do have to agree with the statement that they pay their employee's minimum wage, and most of them are not full time, so Wal-Mart can get by without having to pay for benefits. I know years ago they worked people 32hrs. a week to skirt paying benefits. Like I stated in a previous post, I no longer shop or support Wal-Mart and the Waltons.
    When Sam Walton was alive and running things Wal-Mart at least had a standard to buy American products and support America.
    But it has been China-Mart for at least a couple of decades now.

Contender

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 11, 2014
    Lawrence County
    I'm not standing up for Walmart because there are things I don't like but I know a few people that work there and they were started at a couple bucks above minimum wage. One lady makes 20 bucks an hour as a department manager, more than her husband makes as a maintenance tech at a decent size company.

223 Gunner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    201   0   0
    Jan 7, 2009
    Red Sector A
    I'm not standing up for Walmart because there are things I don't like but I know a few people that work there and they were started at a couple bucks above minimum wage. One lady makes 20 bucks an hour as a department manager, more than her husband makes as a maintenance tech at a decent size company.

That's impressive. Maybe all those youtube videos about how much Walmart sucks is making an impact on a corporate level.........I won't hold my breath though.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I've only done it once, you are correct there was no one at the pick up desk. They did come over quickly after seeing me there. I wouldn't make a habit of it, but if I did want a product cheaper than elsewhere, then this is what I would have to put up with.
    I guess it depends on how you value your time and how much you may be saving.

As a general rule I no longer support or shop Walmart. Just too many videos and proof of how bad they are for any given city or town.

As I have read many many times here on INGO "Vote with your wallet"

Exactly.
    Is it worth the time and agrivation to go into the store and get jacked around to save a few bucks.
    If so, have at it.
    To me, not worth the time/effort. I will pay the convenience charge (shipping etc) and wait for it. And not from the big Wally either.

223 Gunner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    201   0   0
    Jan 7, 2009
    Red Sector A
    Exactly.
    Is it worth the time and agrivation to go into the store and get jacked around to save a few bucks.
    If so, have at it.
    To me, not worth the time/effort. I will pay the convenience charge (shipping etc) and wait for it. And not from the big Wally either.

I don't mind paying a little extra at other local retail stores for convenience and a much better atmosphere. I have not explored it completely, but I am really really considering Amazon Prime. I just need to get our shopping more organized to start ordering from them and just have it shipped to my door.

Bapak2ja

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 17, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    Threadjack.
    Playing along with the thread jack, I recently purchased a Savage 62 at the Sturgis, MI Walmart. It was on sale for $99+tax. It took an hour to complete the purchase. They had to track down the original box, call in a manager, explain to the manager how the sale was to proceed (he had no idea of how the NICS worked or what had to be done), then the manager had to inspect all the paper work, package the box and walk me to the door. Long process, but I got a very good shooting rifle for under $110 OTD. By comparison, it also took and hour to complete a purchase at Gander Mountain, Fort Wayne, and 45 minutes to complete a purchase at ZX, Fort Wayne.

Compare this to the following:

https://www.budsgunshop.com/catalog...e/Savage+64+64F+Semi-Auto+.22+LR+Synthetic+22 It was priced at $138 and sold out.

http://www.gunbroker.com/item/678137481. $119

http://www.gunbroker.com/item/679685867. $99 w/3x9 Scope

You can get the free scope on GunBroker.com, but prices at Walmart are lowest available—and you can fondle before you purchase it. No noticeable difference in the quality either.

Back to the thread.
    You do not need the catalog at the Walmart gun counter. Just ask an employee to call someone to open the gun counter, ask for ammo or to see a knife. I usually ask at the auto service counter and they call an employee. You could ask at the help desk, too. Just tell the employee what you want and they will usually look it up. Or do it the easy way, order it online and pick it up when it arrives. Yes, it may take a few minutes waiting for someone to open the counter, so take your coffee with you or popcorn. Or learn a bit of patience. It takes a long time to get service at Gander Mountain, Cabelas, and Bass Pro, too (remember to take a number when you arrive). Even the LGS takes at least 30 minutes to complete a sale.

To the best of my knowledge, even Tom Brady and Drew Breese need 3.5 seconds to pass. Occasionally, things take a bit of time. :D

Last edited:

Jubba

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 7, 2010
    WAL-MART

This could have been me and our associate helping you if there were two of us. I am a manager at that store and had a similar experience with a customer who was looking for a particular firearm for his son. I offered to let him take a picture of the screen with his phone and he did. Maybe you, maybe not. We have not been sent a catalog since 2014. It is all available for special order on the firearms computer as well as ammunition that can be special ordered.

Top Bottom