• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Twangbanger

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 9, 2010
    When Death Merchants were starting to stockpile and gouge customers Walmart did not raise prices like the others. I never have had to show ID but then I am a crusty old man so there’s that.

i still have dreams of fat bellied death merchants choking on outdated .22 ammo that they have carried in and out of gun shows for 10 years.

Thats right. I’m a bad...shut your mouth.

Wal Mart was mostly where the resellers were getting their stock...and Wal Mart's policy of "not gouging" was the reason why. It preserved profit margins for the reseller. As soon as Uncle Eagle topped off their monthly disability piggy, they hit the parking lot and waited for the shipments.

If Wal Mart had started "gouging" (ie, free market behavior) like everyone else, it would have crushed the old coots' profit margins and they'd have gone back to the LGS. You know...butts parked on the red Winchester stools, radiating knowledge like a hot stove and blocking the view of the 1911 case for hours at a time.

Brad69

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 16, 2016
    Perry county
    Local Wally World has shelf’s full of cheap ammo!
    Just check ID for age nothing recorded!

100 RDS 9mm Federal $16.67 fires clean great training ammo

150 RDS 5.56 Winchester .30 a round again great ammo

Never understood the Wal Mart snobbery ?
    Seems like you wanna see where tons of your tax money is spent!
    You get to view people that are rarely witnessed in the wild notice how many 30 to 40 year old males are shopping with parents!
    I guess you guys buy ammo at Target?

BTW
    Most of you guys don’t have a 40 mile ride to get to another store that’s in another state?

Last edited:

tcecil88

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 18, 2013
    @ the corner of IN, KY & OH.
    I have been buying Federal Champion and WWB from them for years and have never been asked for an ID. I do, however, look older than 40, so they tend to believe me when I tell them my B-day.

AmmoManAaron

Master
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Feb 20, 2015
    I-get-around
    Fishers Wal Mart has plenty of ammo, finding an associate to unlock the cabinet and sell it to you, will be your biggest issue.

That's been a problem for me at pretty much every Wal-Mart - it's just not worth the hassle. I prefer hunting up deals at gunshows, on Gunbroker, or the INGO classifieds. Occasionally, I will also order from various online retailers.

Sniper 79

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Oct 7, 2012
    I live close to Chicago and have been to several stores that dont sell guns or ammo. Walmart is dead to me. The stuff I have seen at Walmart cant be unseen!

Deals on-line with free shipping all the time.

Abominator

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 22, 2019
    Auburn
    Even though I usually have to wait 30 min for someone to show up and open the ammo case. I keep crawling back because its still cheaper than most bulk orders for 5.56/.223 once you figure in tax and shipping. Also 115g 9mm is silly cheap......damn you Walmart. I wish I could quit you.

NHT3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Too many other places to get ammo at the moment and like someone else said too much there that can't be unseen, Walmartians and the like. I'll stick with targetsportsusa. Free shipping if you buy a case and fed ex drops it on the front porch.

[FONT=&amp]NRA Life Member / [/FONT]Basic Pistol instructor[FONT=&amp] / RSO[/FONT][FONT=&amp]

[/FONT][FONT=&amp]"Under pressure, you don't rise to the occasion, you sink to the level of your training. That's why we train so hard" [/FONT][FONT=&amp]
    [/FONT][FONT=&amp]Unnamed Navy Seal[/FONT][FONT=&amp]

[/FONT][FONT=&amp]“Ego is the reason many men do not shoot competition. They don't want to suck in public” [/FONT][FONT=&amp]
    [/FONT]
    [FONT=&amp]
    [/FONT][FONT=&amp]Aron Bright[/FONT]

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Too many other places to get ammo at the moment and like someone else said too much there that can't be unseen, Walmartians and the like. I'll stick with targetsportsusa. Free shipping if you buy a case and fed ex drops it on the front porch.

[FONT=&]NRA Life Member / [/FONT]Basic Pistol instructor[FONT=&] / RSO[/FONT][FONT=&]

[/FONT][FONT=&]"Under pressure, you don't rise to the occasion, you sink to the level of your training. That's why we train so hard" [/FONT][FONT=&]
    [/FONT][FONT=&]Unnamed Navy Seal[/FONT][FONT=&]

[/FONT][FONT=&]“Ego is the reason many men do not shoot competition. They don't want to suck in public” [/FONT][FONT=&]
    [/FONT]
    [FONT=&]
    [/FONT][FONT=&]Aron Bright[/FONT]

I do believe there are many that buy ammo 1 or 2 boxes at a time. I know some fellas who buy enough for the range and very little if any reserve past a loaded mag or 2. A couple of friends say the spouse will not let them buy anything and store it. I wonder if they know the hubby's even have guns. For these guys wally is a good deal.

Hey do as you need I guess.

Ndavid45

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 83.3%
    10   2   0
    Apr 29, 2019
    Indianapolis
    I buy ammo from Walmart quite regularly, they always just ask for my birthdate, never had them ask to see an ID let alone scan one. Cant always afford to buy a case and wouldnt trust it sitting outside in my apartment complex if I wasnt home anyway. I can however always afford a few boxes a week. It fills the ammo cans up pretty quick.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Even though I usually have to wait 30 min for someone to show up and open the ammo case. I keep crawling back because its still cheaper than most bulk orders for 5.56/.223 once you figure in tax and shipping. Also 115g 9mm is silly cheap......damn you Walmart. I wish I could quit you.

I used to be that way until I found INGO Advertiser Bobcat Armament. (Way too far out of your way in Shelbyville, sorry) Now he gets all my money for both ammo and reloading components. Is he the cheapest? No. But not much difference. The REAL difference is I get AWESOME service from him and his wife, and I see where my money goes... into a local business owners pocket to feed his family, not some laundry list of shareholders. And customer service is the best. He will bring product with him to shooting events for customers who are also attending to buy there, and one time they even delayed their departure to setup for the Indy 1500 to wait for me to drive down and pick up my order because I was too busy to hit the 1500 that weekend. THAT is customer service.

And I can even tell him EXACTLY what I want (powder, projectile, etc) and its only 2c more per round on average. And it saves me standing in my garage pulling the lever one or two thousand times. Cant get that kind of service from a big box store!

I do believe there are many that buy ammo 1 or 2 boxes at a time. I know some fellas who buy enough for the range and very little if any reserve past a loaded mag or 2. A couple of friends say the spouse will not let them buy anything and store it. I wonder if they know the hubby's even have guns. For these guys wally is a good deal.

Hey do as you need I guess.

Im a lucky guy. This spring I discovered I was way under budget from last year's shooting funds. So Mrs Monkey let me go a little into the red this season and buy an extra thousand rounds to save the setup fee I'd have to pay next year. (Kimball charges one setup fee for custom runs whether its a thousand or 20,000 rounds)

budm

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 21, 2017
    Indianapolis
    I'm going to check the one at 86th and Michigan tonight to see what all they have and if they've stopped. Hate to admit it, but they're still the cheapest to buy ammo for the Mosin.

Nepherael

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 22, 2019
    Mentone
    My Walmart does not list their ammo stock online but has a very large amount in stock and has continued to restock it without fail. Buying 200 rounds of federal in 9mm is almost as cheap as any online deal I can find, costs less and is more convenient.

canebreaker

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 2, 2020
    Horn Lake
    I got the word that walmart was getting rid of all their pistol and some rifle ammo a few weeks ago. Some reports were $7 per box or a little more. I haven't been in a walmart in the past 8 years, no reason to start shopping there now.

Donjr721

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 10, 2013
    Rockville
    No pistol ammo at Plainfield, Danville, or greencastle. Still have rifle rounds, no 5.56. Insane. Good for shops, bad for business. I guess libby’s don’t realize 308 is more powerful than 5.56. Lol

Top Bottom