• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 100%
    139   0   0
    Sep 3, 2010
    Wally world has the SOG Seal Pup for $50, which is cool, but everywhere I look online I find it for more. Even with just the nylon sheath they seem to be consistently 60+ online, with tiger strip or kydex sheath models going for $70+, and the Elite's obviously even more.

Anything I just be looking for with walmart's? Are they selling a special edition made solely of aluminum and paper mache?

Or has the rest of the internet just not caught on to the new price...

$49.97
    SU1BRzE0MTEuanBn.jpg

....on an unrelated note, WTB: SOG Seal Pup. (or Elite) :)

Knife Lady

PROUD TO BE AN ARMY BRAT
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 1, 2010
    Central USA
    No not everyone can order the large amounts WalMart does so therefore they get the lowest prices. It's all about who has the most money.

That's why small business's goes out of business because of Wally Worlds and all the other big guys.

Last edited:

MadBomber

Master
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    Brownsburg
    No not everyone can order the large amounts WalMart does sotherefore they get the lowest prices. It's all about who has the most money.

That's why small business's goes out of business because of Wally Worlds and all the other big guys.

Great point. Make your knife purchases from Knife Lady and Bradsknives and you won't go wrong. You also get the added benefit of supporting not only small businesses but also, INGO members!

Bradsknives

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 1, 2010
    Greenfield, IN.
    When Walmart is negotiating with a company (not just knife companies) they usually tell them what they will pay. I know for fact that certain knife companies (Kershaw, CRKT, & Buck) had to "cheapen" some of their models in order to meet Walmart's price point demands. The rumor in the knife world is this was one of the reasons that Ken Onion left Kershaw because he didn't want to compromise (cheapen) the models that had his name on it. Now, I don't know if this is the case for some of the SOG models that have recently made their way to Walmart or if this just another case of the bigger the business and the more they spend the better the deal they get which allows them to have lower prices than the small business and mom & pop operations. :twocents:

Last edited:

medic67

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 10, 2008
    Columbus IN
    SOG Tomahawks for $20.00, SOG Machetes for $20.00, Plano rifle cases for $39.99. Every one of those is for sale for less than wholesale cost, far below MSRP of MAP let alone the Plano hard case retails for $146.99

This is why I HATE Walmart.

Cwood

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 30, 2008
    NE Ohio
    I have a SEAL pup that I would be willing to sell. I bought it from another INGO member years ago and never even used it.

Rating - 100%
    139   0   0
    Sep 3, 2010
    No not everyone can order the large amounts WalMart does sotherefore they get the lowest prices. It's all about who has the most money.

...and I feel like jerk.

In my defense, I was looking at used prices when I was comparing

In either case, my apologies

Knife Lady

PROUD TO BE AN ARMY BRAT
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 1, 2010
    Central USA
    ...and I feel like jerk.

In my defense, I was looking at used prices when I was comparing

In either case, my apologies

No apologies needed buddy. Wally World is hard to beat on prices sometimes and on some things but customer service they lack in and that is where we can beat them.:D

tradertator

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Jul 1, 2008
    Greene County
    Customer service, and that you offer stuff that is so high quality, it will never see a Wal-Mart shelf. I've turned into such a knife snob, I don't even remember the last time I bought a knife off the shelf at some mega big box store.

cubby

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 5, 2008
    LaGrange, IN
    you can buy seals at walmart?! do they have the endangered varieties? like all the tree huggers love? how about owls? do they have spotted owls? i bet those are a HOOT at parties..... get it? hoot? aaaaaahhhhhh....

WHOOOOOOOOOWHOOOOOOOOOOOOOO..........

tradertator

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Jul 1, 2008
    Greene County
    you can buy seals at walmart?! do they have the endangered varieties? like all the tree huggers love? how about owls? do they have spotted owls? i bet those are a HOOT at parties..... get it? hoot? aaaaaahhhhhh....

WHOOOOOOOOOWHOOOOOOOOOOOOOO..........

Yes. They actually have a baby seal clubbing program. You get to take your pick of the litter, and then make your choice of clubbing utensil. My favorite is the lead filled snow shoe.

Sorry, can't help myself. Great googly moogly:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C30XgTQAsHI

223 Gunner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    201   0   0
    Jan 7, 2009
    Red Sector A
    After watching the movie "The high cost of low price" I try my best to not shop at Wal-Mart. You can watch it for free on youtube. It should be required watching by the general public. We rarely step foot into a Wal-Mart these days. :twocents:

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 17, 2009
    Tampa, FL
    It's no reflection on the knife community, it's makers, distributors or dealers.

It's a reflection on SOG that they have taken their quality down to Walmart levels now. The last two SOG purchases I have made could have just as easily bore the name United Cutlery or Gerber - names that used to mean something more than the cheapest piece of steel around.

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 17, 2009
    Tampa, FL
    I took no pleasure in saying it. It was only 8 or so years ago when I bought a SOG folding tanto in BG-42 and as far as knives go it was a B.A. Mofo. If it just didn't have the ratchet clip I'd still be carrying it. Quality at SOG tanked in the past couple years.

And btw - I have heard (can't confirm) that if you find the Seal Pup Elite (not the regular pup), it is more classic quality SOG and more appropriately priced for a quality production knife in the $100 range.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom