• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • gglass

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    ELKHART
    She has even attended 2nd Amendment Patriots meetings in South Bend, while surrounded by "armed" regular citizens. It was quite possibly the safest place she could be, this side of the Congressional bunker. :D

Prometheus

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    Northern Indiana
    The down side is that she votes with big government on quite a few things and doesn't really seem interested in speaking with her constituents about why she voted a certain way. I talked to her last year and she was friendly as could be until I asked why she voted in favor of concealing food origins from consumers. She got livid and stormed off.

Not sure if I can vote for her if she can't answer a simply question on why she voted as she did. Monsanto donates to her PAC was the obvious answer.

I will probably vote liberterian for her seat, I can't support the douche on the D side.

Sad really, NW Indiana is full of sleazy politicians.

BlackGun

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2012
    The down side is that she votes with big government on quite a few things and doesn't really seem interested in speaking with her constituents about why she voted a certain way. I talked to her last year and she was friendly as could be until I asked why she voted in favor of concealing food origins from consumers. She got livid and stormed off.

Not sure if I can vote for her if she can't answer a simply question on why she voted as she did. Monsanto donates to her PAC was the obvious answer.

I will probably vote liberterian for her seat, I can't support the douche on the D side.

Could not agree more....Well said...:yesway::yesway:

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    I don't know Rep. Walorski, but I know her reputation in re: 2A issues is rock-solid.

A failure to answer might be considered an answer, but another possibility is that she's just sick of answering questions that amount to "Have you stopped beating your wife? Yes or no." Consider this example:

You are the representative. A bill is before you that, if passed, will end ALL gun-free zones, and I do mean all: No place within the borders of the US will be permitted to prohibit guns- not a gov't building, not a business, not a school of any type, not a private home. That latter is where I expect the rub to be, because to pass such a bill into law, you have to override people's private property rights. However, if you vote not to pass this bill, you will be painted as anti-gun rights. No matter which way you vote, you will be demonized by someone with whom you agree.

Now, after a few weeks or months of answering the question of why you voted as you did, aren't you going to get tired of answering the same question over and over again?

To be fair, as I said, I don't know Rep. Walorski. I wasn't there and I can't fairly judge her response or her actions. It could well be that she is, as you insinuate, bought and paid for by Monsanto. I don't know.

Too, Prometheus, please don't take this as an insult, as I don't mean it as one; you sometimes, at least on here, come across very strongly, and that can perhaps be off-putting. I have to consider the possibility that perhaps it is that to which she responded as well.

I do think it is logically tenuous to decide she's against liberty or not interested in speaking with constituents (plural) based on one encounter. :twocents:

Blessings,
    Bill

Thor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 18, 2014
    Could be anywhere
    https://ballotpedia.org/Jackie_Walorski

She is good on 2nd issues and does carry. You can see how she voted on most things here and find that overall she ranks to the right of moderate. I find her to be knowledgeable in the areas she focuses on (committee appointments: HASC, VA, AG) and willing to discuss almost anything...so long as BOR points out it's not a hostile question.

BluePig

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 10, 2012
    Middlebury
    She has been over to the Elkhart Midwest range shooting at an event they were having...
    I ran into her going in while I was leaving.
    True, she has not voted the way I wished she would have on a number of issues, but she is a far cry from the individual that was in there before (Donnelly).

Thor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 18, 2014
    Could be anywhere
    True, she has not voted the way I wished she would have on a number of issues, but she is a far cry from the individual that was in there before (Donnelly).

Yeah, Joe is the enemy. He votes for every big government program that comes along, voted twice for Obamascare, voted for the Iranian deal. He will not answer your mail (form letter) and in person avoids contact with everyone.

The only person who will vote the way you want on every issue is you...

Top Bottom