• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • sbnewsom

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 6, 2008
    St. John
    So I'm heading to the show on Sunday. I would really like to pick up a P22. Practicing all the time with a .40 is getting expensive. So my question is, How much would you expect to pay for one?

Anyone here have one of these? Nice guns?

Let's hear all the opinons.

:popcorn:

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    So I'm heading to the show on Sunday. I would really like to pick up a P22. Practicing all the time with a .40 is getting expensive. So my question is, How much would you expect to pay for one?

Not hugely accurate, PITA to clean because you have to oil the bejeezus out of it, which collects grime ike crazy. That said, lots of fun to shoot, and cheap. Goes for around $250 for the 4" barrel. I think they're $100 more with the 5" target barrel (I think that usually includes both the 4" and 5" barrels).

They're threaded so you can easily add a can to them.

I like my P22 and would recommend one as a fun little plinker.

shamowfski

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    I have 2, love them both. Paid 250 for each. I clean mine every time we shoot them (i don't mind cleaning) and haven't really had a problem. I use CCI mini-mags and don't notice mine getting that dirty.

VUPDblue

Silencers Have NEVER Been Illegal !
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   1
    Mar 20, 2008
    Franklin Township
    Not hugely accurate, PITA to clean because you have to oil the bejeezus out of it, which collects grime ike crazy. I don't clean mine anymore. It has probably seen 1500 or so rounds since the last thorough cleaning, but it still runs fine.That said, lots of fun to shoot, and cheap. Goes for around $250 for the 4" barrel. I think they're $100 more with the 5" target barrel (I think that usually includes both the 4" and 5" barrels). I paid somewhere around $279 for mine with the long barrel, and FWIW, it did not come with the short barrel too.

They're threaded so you can easily add a can to them.

I like my P22 and would recommend one as a fun little plinker.

I would also recommend them. I shoot mine suppressed almost exclusively now and I know it's ready to rock when I want to shoot it.

mrw

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 5, 2008
    scutter, try RemOil DRY Lube. Teflon in the lube and it's dry so it doesn't attract dust and grime.

Best part about the P22 is the size. My 6 year can shoot it with no problems. An old guy at the range asked me if she was shooting a '9'. Cracked me up.

JBLee

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    63   0   0
    May 19, 2008
    Northside Indy Suburbs
    My daughter likes her P22, and I enjoy shooting it too. It's a bit small for my hand so you might want to try it on first, I got the Walther SP-22 for myself because its a bit bigger. It shoots really well, and is kind of different in it's approach. It does fit my hand way better than the P22 though. I'm sure you will see both at the show. Jim

wnt2.jpg

RogerB

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 5, 2008
    New Palestine

check out the Acme Sports table then. They have a nice P22 in OD, comes with a suppressor for about $650 plus the tax stamp.

Most of the other tables that had the P22 were in the range of $280-$299, they've gone up a bit in the last few months I think. :thumbsup:

Indiana

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 2, 2008
    Fishers, IN
    The dealer cost on the P22s has slowly increased over the past couple of years. Midwest Gun Exchange had the best price at the show at $269. No one was willing to negotiate off of what the sticker said on the P22s. I was hoping to find on for a little less but ended up purchasing from Midwest. Most prices were in the $279-$300 range for the shorter barrels and $350 and higher for the longer ones.

mrw

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 5, 2008
    There was a guy at the 1500 yesterday walking around trying to sell his P22 with both barrels and five mags for $300. Saw a couple dealers turn him away.

RogerB

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 5, 2008
    New Palestine
    if you can't get a good deal at the 1500, then try KS&E. Ed has priced me one with the short barrel right at $294.

Also check the mags that come with it. If their serial numbers have an alpha at the end of the number (I think, or the beginning) then those are the modified mags. The modifications were supposed to fixed a FTFeed issue the originals had. If they don't have an Alpha in the mags serial number then its probably been sitting ina storage for awhile.

Just my :twocents:

mrw

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 5, 2008
    You should also check out rimfirecentral.com . There is some GREAT P22 info there.

Ri22o

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 7, 2008
    Speedway
    The dealer cost on the P22s has slowly increased over the past couple of years. Midwest Gun Exchange had the best price at the show at $269. No one was willing to negotiate off of what the sticker said on the P22s. I was hoping to find on for a little less but ended up purchasing from Midwest. Most prices were in the $279-$300 range for the shorter barrels and $350 and higher for the longer ones.
    I found that to be the best price too. I was very, very tempted to buy one.

RogerB

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 5, 2008
    New Palestine
    I paid $250 for mine about 9 months ago. After about 100 rounds, I haven't had any trouble with it.

Nice project, is that a Gemtech suppressor? How was your experience during the application stage with your counties CLEO?

You need to get to the range more often if you've only put 100 Rds through that puppy. :):

Hows maintenance been on yours?

sbnewsom

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 6, 2008
    St. John
    I paid $250 for mine about 9 months ago. After about 100 rounds, I haven't had any trouble with it.

P22OB2.jpg

This is the exact setup that I am looking for. Very nice! So how do I go about legally getting a suppressor? I'm sure it's not something that I go pick up off the shelf.

Top Bottom