• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mellow

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 13, 2011
    Harrison County
    What makes the P22 harder to disassembly? I have a Ruger P95. Its easy to diassembly and clean.

The guide recoil spring is not contained or attached to the guide rod, so when you take the slide off it tends to be a bit of a pain in the arse to reassemble. Walther sends a plastic rod which has the sole purpose of guiding the spring back onto the guide rod when reattaching the slide to the body.
    Also, when you decide to take apart the trigger assembly there are a couple of teeny-tiny springs that tend to fly out because they aren't attached. It is recommended that you disassemble the entire gun in a baggy to help contain the event.

I own a Walther p22 and I am not impressed with its engineering; however it is the coolest looking .22 plinker I can find

GoDawgs

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 16, 2010
    NWI
    Plus the sr22 cycles bulk pack standard velocity ammunition while the p22 requires high velocity to properly function. That's why I got the sr22

GhostofWinter

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Lake Station-NW Indiana
    Plus the sr22 cycles bulk pack standard velocity ammunition while the p22 requires high velocity to properly function. That's why I got the sr22

I run federal bulk pack through both of my p-22s with zero problems. :dunno:

Others that are far more knowledgeable than me with them suggest that you run about 500 rounds of high velocity ammo like CCI Mini-Mags through it before using standard velocity ammo to help break the gun in.

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    Get both! :D
    You can never have too many .22 pistols in my opinion.
    The P22 has to be my favorite though, it comes in many colors (stainless slide, camo, pink etc ...)

stoyan79

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Oct 24, 2009
    I am waiting Ruger to release the threaded barrel version of the SR22. Then I am buying 2 of them. :D

Had P22 and liked it a lot, but the SR22 is the better gun hands down.

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 14, 2010
    Yeah, the P22 is hard to re-assemble because of that stupid little spring, but I've had no problems shooting any sort of bulk ammo.

Top Bottom