• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • LYHTSPD

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 29, 2010
    Near Evansville
    I bought a used P22 a few months back and I am having some issues with the rear sight. It seems to have stripped the threads on the sight and will just around if you just touch it. I have tried to contact Walther twice now (once today and originally 2 weeks ago) and I have not heard anything back.

I have scoured the net looking for an aftermarket rear sight for the P22, but I have come up with nothing other than a few guys who made a custom dovetail for theirs. Does anyone know if there are aftermarket sights out there? If not, and Walther does not take care of it, then I will probably end up with an inexpensive laser or holographic sight.

sellersdw

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 6, 2012
    I had a p22 with a similar issue. What I found on mine was on the side opposite the screw the threaded insert had pushed out far enough the site could move an 1/8 in. I ended up getting the rear site mounted with the through screw and then pressed the threaded insert back in. This tightened right up. When I called Walther (S&W) they said it was a pretty common issue but didn't offer to do much but have me send it back to them. You might do a quick search for the "P22 Bible". I think it has something in the addendum for working with the sight. It's a fun gun to shoot when it is working the way you want. Mine moved out a couple months back when a GSG1911 moved in.

LYHTSPD

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 29, 2010
    Near Evansville
    I had a p22 with a similar issue. What I found on mine was on the side opposite the screw the threaded insert had pushed out far enough the site could move an 1/8 in. I ended up getting the rear site mounted with the through screw and then pressed the threaded insert back in. This tightened right up. When I called Walther (S&W) they said it was a pretty common issue but didn't offer to do much but have me send it back to them. You might do a quick search for the "P22 Bible". I think it has something in the addendum for working with the sight. It's a fun gun to shoot when it is working the way you want. Mine moved out a couple months back when a GSG1911 moved in.

Yeah, I have that P22 Bible somewhere. I forgot that it had info on a lot of the common issues and fixes. I have put about 400 rounds through mine and I have not had any issues with it (other than the sight). Fun little gun to shoot. Thanks for the info.

LYHTSPD

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 29, 2010
    Near Evansville
    Just an update. I did finally get an email back from S&W/Walther. They sent me a link to get a paid address label to send it in for warranty work. That turn around is going to be 4-6 weeks, but my wife wants to use the Walther at a handgun safety course we are going to next month. I guess it will have to wait until after that.

ynot16602

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 19, 2012
    Still waiting for S&W to fix mine

:ugh: Sent my p22 back to S&W nearly 3 months ago to have the rear sight replaced. Sent an e-mail to find out what the hell is taking so long. "Parts on back order, waiting on shipment from Germany". Just like getting a car repaired... damn parts dept!

LYHTSPD

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 29, 2010
    Near Evansville
    Wow, I am glad you posted that. I better make sure I get my fill of 22 shooting before I send it off then.

By the way, welcome to INGO! Make sure you hit up the introduction forum at the top of the forum list and make yourself at home... just keep your pants on until the kids go to sleep.

Top Bottom