• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ru44mag

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 6, 2013
    I just stumbled onto a large number of "West German 1962-3 P38s" They were police/military issue and look to be a good shape. Good rifling and only minor wear. As a kid I always wanted one, even more than a Luger. They are all around $369 plus shiping and paperwork. Sounds like a good deal. Anyone else have an opinion? It would look good next to my HPs.:D

ru44mag

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 6, 2013
    That's a good deal. I'd buy one. :yesway:
    Thanks! I think I will. I thought I might get a little more response. I don't know If people don't know what a P38 is, or if they just don't have any interest in old single stack 9mm handguns made in Germany.:dunno:

Fordtough25

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.1%
    110   1   0
    Apr 14, 2010
    Jefferson County
    I used to have a P38, it! I believe the models made after late 1946 are called P1's instead of P38's though. Main difference being the P1's have an aluminum frame, but they look and shoot just as good! I'd buy another one in a heartbeat if it was local and for a good price. Fantastic handgun and piece of history!

ru44mag

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 6, 2013
    are you going to share where you found these?????????
    9 pages of them on gunbroker. Some are P38s and some are P1s. I did a little research. Except for a very few, after 1945 they all have alloy frames. The P38 and the P1 are basically the same pistol. Walther did put a steel pin in the frame to strengthen it it later models. There is a lot of info out there so educate yoursel before you buy.

ErickB

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 1, 2013
    Schererville
    I always heard that the P1 gave you "eight warning shots plus one aimed throw".

:laugh: I'll have to remember that one. I have a P1 and it's always been a neat little gun. I picked mine up a few years ago for $280 or so. I can't believe how much they've gone up! For three and change, I would grab one.

Like SEIndSAM said, they seem to be going for north of $500 now! Might be worth something some day...

church

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 10, 2013
    Margaritaville
    I purchased a p38 byf44 a while back for 550, made by mauser. I realize that price was a tad high. But it was in excellent shape and had the recapture papers from when it was brought back from ww2. Those recapture papers were the final deal for me. Its a great little range gun and for the price you're paying its well worth the money. The p38 is a very accurate little gun and fun to shoot! Enjoy and post pics when you can!

CarmelHP

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    Carmel
    :laugh: I'll have to remember that one. I have a P1 and it's always been a neat little gun. I picked mine up a few years ago for $280 or so. I can't believe how much they've gone up! For three and change, I would grab one.

Like SEIndSAM said, they seem to be going for north of $500 now! Might be worth something some day...

A few years ago they were going for around $200, then they were added to the C&R list and the price nearly doubled. The two I bought look virtually unused.

Top Bottom