• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • russc2542

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Oct 24, 2015
    Columbus
    Softer recoil spring. Slide racking force is easy to measure: spring rate * travel distance.

How that affects the rest of the shooting dynamic is what interests me (IE does it hammer the snot out of the frame?).

Dean C.

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 25, 2013
    Westfield
    I really like the pistol myself , my Q4 SF has essentially the same grip with the LOK Slim line grips on it. Seems like they incorporated something from the dynamic drigger to get the reach even shorter. Might even try out one of the new recoil springs to see how they fare.

sixGuns

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 24, 2020
    Grabill
    Softer recoil spring. Slide racking force is easy to measure: spring rate * travel distance.

How that affects the rest of the shooting dynamic is what interests me (IE does it hammer the snot out of the frame?).
    It has to, we're still bound by classical physics. If it doesn't... let me know where I can pick up my phased plasma rifle in the 40 watt range. I had a PDP and wasn't impressed. I see a lot of them in the classifieds as of late.

russc2542

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Oct 24, 2015
    Columbus
    It has to, we're still bound by classical physics. If it doesn't... let me know where I can pick up my phased plasma rifle in the 40 watt range. I had a PDP and wasn't impressed. I see a lot of them in the classifieds as of late.
    I wouldn't put too much stock in that, we do have a lot of resellers. Seems like whatever latest hotness there is we get 1 the week it comes out, then several at a time for about a year, then it fades down a bit.

Dean C.

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 25, 2013
    Westfield
    I wouldn't put too much stock in that, we do have a lot of resellers. Seems like whatever latest hotness there is we get 1 the week it comes out, then several at a time for about a year, then it fades down a bit.

To be totally fair , Walther's are a bit snappy. The reason I like my PPQ so much is because it's the steel frame version that soaks up much of the recoil. I need to play around with the spring weights eventually I think the come a bit over sprunf from the factory (assuming they design it around 124 NATO)

DDadams

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    72   0   0
    Jan 17, 2014
    North Indy
    Dang. This seems right up my alley too. I have the hobbit hands too.

I really loved my PPQ SC and still am kicking myself for ever selling it.

I didn't like the pdp when I tried it but this may be just the thing to make it work for me.

DRob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Aug 2, 2008
    Southside of Indy
    My wife likes her PDP-F a lot. I've shot it. It shoots just fine but the grip is too small and the trigger reach is way too short for my hands. Maybe they make a PDP-BH (big hands) model. Or a PDP-BS for those who find fault though they've never handled one. :cool:

Top Bottom