• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Dean C.

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 25, 2013
    Westfield
    As much as I want to like the gun, I love my Q5, shooters who put a lot of rounds through them are having problems with the triggers getting heavier and grittier with use. I also on theory, do not like there optics cut. These two things have kept me from purchasing the gun.

Interesting that your trigger is getting heavier, any idea as to the cause? Also the PDP optics cut seems totally solid at this point (albeit slightly different than some other options) the Sage Dynamics video posted above Aaron drops the PDP from shoulder height 5 times over the course of a 2,000 round review with no issues.

cedartop

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 25, 2010
    North of Notre Dame.
    Interesting that your trigger is getting heavier, any idea as to the cause? Also the PDP optics cut seems totally solid at this point (albeit slightly different than some other options) the Sage Dynamics video posted above Aaron drops the PDP from shoulder height 5 times over the course of a 2,000 round review with no issues.
    My Q5 trigger is fine, but the amount of people having issues with the PDP trigger after time is too high to ignore. Some of them I know personally rather than virtually so it is a real thing. For me the jury is still out on the optics cut. I am a tool and die maker by trade and I can tell you it is an inherently weaker design. I can't tell you that in a practical sense it will make any difference. My only issue with my Q5 so far is figuring out why it is getting so bad about auto forwarding. Sometimes the slide goes forward just ejecting the empty mag

IndyTom

Expert
    Rating - 87.5%
    7   1   0
    Oct 3, 2013
    Fishers
    Picked mine up today! Missed out on a couple of chances and one in the classies where a piece was lost, but walked into the store having decided to buy it if it was there…and it was.

The bang switch is a delight and I’m looking forward to getting it to the range to maybe do a comparison with my PPQ M1.

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    The PDP 4" 18rd version is appealing to me. Does anyone have any negative thoughts as to why I should look elsewhere pertaining to this handgun or Walther customer service?

Dean C.

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 25, 2013
    Westfield
    The PDP 4" 18rd version is appealing to me. Does anyone have any negative thoughts as to why I should look elsewhere pertaining to this handgun or Walther customer service?

Unless you are already invested in the 15 round magazines I say go for it, they are great guns and Walther CS is very good. When I got my Q4 SF it only shipped with 2 magazines instead of 3 and Walther sent me two extra for the trouble.

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    Unless you are already invested in the 15 round magazines I say go for it, they are great guns and Walther CS is very good. When I got my Q4 SF it only shipped with 2 magazines instead of 3 and Walther sent me two extra for the trouble.
    I've got one eyed up for $600 out the door. He's holding it for another person if he doesn't buy it I can.

Dean C.

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 25, 2013
    Westfield
    I've got one eyed up for $600 out the door. He's holding it for another person if he doesn't buy it I can.

That seems to be the going rate for the PDP's , I would suggest a Springco trigger return spring it's epic. Just the trigger return spring swap dropped a full pound off the pull weight and almost all of that was on the take up making it the best striker fired trigger I have ever shot TBH besides the Walther performance trigger

M6tDtL2.jpg

TheJoker

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 9, 2010
    Shelby County
    I've got 1000 rounds, an IDPA and several Revere's Riders pistol events on my Q5 Match PPQ which I bought in 2019. It has a better match trigger than the PDP, probably the best striker fired trigger I've ever experienced.
    YQPKXjf.jpg

My PDP which I bought last year, has 600 rounds through it and a couple of Revere's Riders advanced pistol events. Although, the trigger isn't as smooth as the Q5, for a duty trigger, it is great. The PDP is a better duty pistol than the Q5. I've experienced none of the reported changes/grittiness in the trigger and the Holosun holds zero with no issue.
    UIJcFWF.jpg

I'm really pleased with both pistols. With the PDP compact sharing magazines with the Q5, I think these pistols complement each other well. I've got a couple dozen magazines. It is nice to pack two pistols and one set of magazines heading out to an event. The transition to striker fired, polymer pistols took this boomer a long time and much teasing; but, here I am and it seems to work for me.
    RlCi6tP.jpg

Dean C.

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 25, 2013
    Westfield
    No problem, just means you'll add yet another nice Walther to the stable later... ;)

Walther is making great stuff right now , in one interview they kinda hinted at once they get the Ft. Smith manufacturing facility up and running we might see a P365 or Hellcat from Walther. Apparently the import laws and the fact most guns are still German is a big hurdle for them right now.

Shift Zombie

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Nov 3, 2011
    I've got 1000 rounds, an IDPA and several Revere's Riders pistol events on my Q5 Match PPQ which I bought in 2019. It has a better match trigger than the PDP, probably the best striker fired trigger I've ever experienced.
    YQPKXjf.jpg

My PDP which I bought last year, has 600 rounds through it and a couple of Revere's Riders advanced pistol events. Although, the trigger isn't as smooth as the Q5, for a duty trigger, it is great. The PDP is a better duty pistol than the Q5. I've experienced none of the reported changes/grittiness in the trigger and the Holosun holds zero with no issue.
    UIJcFWF.jpg

I'm really pleased with both pistols. With the PDP compact sharing magazines with the Q5, I think these pistols complement each other well. I've got a couple dozen magazines. It is nice to pack two pistols and one set of magazines heading out to an event. The transition to striker fired, polymer pistols took this boomer a long time and much teasing; but, here I am and it seems to work for me.
    RlCi6tP.jpg

I put some rounds down range on the compact the other day and was pleasantly surprised at the quarter sized hole I made at 7 yards. I had a PPQ years and years ago bit could never get it to group like I wanted. Between its wanton desire to spin in my grip despite flexing the entire frame while squeezing it and the eventual burst fire issues that cropped up, I had to let it go. The new grip texture seems to have solved one of the issues and I have to admit Ive been pondering another go at the newer PDP. Specifically, at the compact 5”. I have some disturbing lust for long slides on compact frames. . . :D. Anyway, does the compact 5” mute some of the snap the 4” is known to have? Is it a smoother operation?

Thanks,

Zombie-

ditcherman

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2018
    In the country, hopefully.
    Walther is making great stuff right now , in one interview they kinda hinted at once they get the Ft. Smith manufacturing facility up and running we might see a P365 or Hellcat from Walther. Apparently the import laws and the fact most guns are still German is a big hurdle for them right now.
    Do you think QC will be an issue moving from German production?

drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD
    Walther announced a new version of the PDP, the PDP-F with a redesigned frame with shorter trigger reach and easier to rack slide.

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    Walther announced a new version of the PDP, the PDP-F with a redesigned frame with shorter trigger reach and easier to rack slide.

That's good. A Glock 19 size gun built for women. It should be a winner.

Top Bottom