• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TheJoker

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 9, 2010
    Shelby County
    Queue the Bond theme ... yes, I know Bond never actually used this model; but, you have to agree it is very Bondesque!

I'm a huge Walther Fan Boy and I've had my eye on the PP Sport for many years; but, they were always above the price point I was willing to invest, usually in the $1200 to $1600 range.

A couple of months ago, I noticed a listing for one on gunbroker that sold for around $500. I started watching the listings and saw another come up and sell for under $500. So, I decided that if another appeared at this price point, I was jumping into the bidding. Sure enough, another was listed and was sitting at the same price point nearing the end of the auction. I bid $525 and was astonished when I won the pistol.

It arrived to my FFL for transfer in like new condition; but, it has no box or extra magazine. I don't know a lot about these pistols; but, it was marked Manurhin, Made In France and has St. Etienne proof. I'm guessing it was made in the late 1950s.

I took it out to my farm range week before last and found it to be a really accurate little shooter. The double action is a little long; but, in single action mode, it has a nice break and decent reset. The fit and finish is nice with a deep blue which is the reputation of the Manuhrin pistols. .

I picked up a spare magazine off of Ebay. Yeah, it was a bit pricy; but, at this point I'm all in on this project.

I've always wanted to dabble in the NFA world and thought it would be an easy project. First, I did some research and found a company, oddly enough in France, that made a thread adapter that took the existing thread to the thread required for a Suppressor. I ordered the adapter. It cost about $60. Then, I went to my favorite gun shop and range, bought a Sparrow 22 suppressor and filled out the required ATF form 4 which started my wait for approve. What is really cool about this particular gun shop is that while the suppressor remains in 'ATF lock up', you are allowed to check out the suppressor and use it while on their indoor range returning it to lock up when you are done.

Last night, my girlfriend and I went to the range with the PP Sport, checked out the suppressor and gave it a try. What a hoot! It was everything I expected. A lot of fun to shoot. I look forward to my approval from the ATF which is supposed to take about 9 months.

So ... without further ado ... here are some pictures.
    k0RLd9gl.jpg

yzcwMhvl.jpg

How cool is that? Eat your heart out, Mr. Bond, James Bond!

TJ Kackowski

Let it begin here.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    133   0   1
    Jun 8, 2012
    Hendricks County
    Here's my GF trying it out...

PP Sport First Shots
    I thought we taught you better ... her thumb shouldn't cross behind the slide ... get her to a RR basic pistol class pronto!

Belay that ... at first glance, it looks like she's left handed ... looking closer, she's right handed ... she must have short thumbs for it to stick out like that. Carry on.

TheJoker

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 9, 2010
    Shelby County
    I thought we taught you better ... her thumb shouldn't cross behind the slide ... get her to a RR basic pistol class pronto!

Belay that ... at first glance, it looks like she's left handed ... looking closer, she's right handed ... she must have short thumbs for it to stick out like that. Carry on.
    Yeah, small hands and short thumbs. She's a pretty accomplished pistol shooter. She's been to more RR Basic Pistol classes than I can count. And even one of the RR/ACT 145 Defensive Pistol classes held by John Viray.

xAEKwg5l.jpg

VIreDv1l.jpg

Top Bottom