• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • tgallmey

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 11, 2011
    New Haven
    do they still make them in 32 acp and blued I was wanting a smaller gun to carry I was thinking a Keltec P32 but Ive always liked the PPKs more and what are the pros and cons between the 2

Im in need of enlightenment :)

cosermann

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 15, 2008
    And, by today's standards the PPK isn't particularly small or light. The difference between the PPK and P32 is like night and day. The P32 can be hung around your neck or tossed into virtually any pocket. The PPK is as large and as heavy(ier) as some modern 9mm pistols.

Just for comparison . . .

PPK (32) - 6.1" L x 4.3" H (3.8" w/o mag I think) x 0.98" W, 22.4 oz. (with mag, 20.8 w/o), 3.35" barrel, 7+1 rnds.
    P32 - 5.1" L x 3.5" H x 0.75" W, 6.6 oz (9.4 oz loaded), 2.7" barrel, 7+1 rnds.
    Kahr CW9 - 5.9" L x 4.5" H x 0.90" W, 17.7 oz, 3.6"bbl, 7+1 rnds.
    Kahr CM9 - 5.42" L x 4.0" H x 0.90" W, 15.9 oz, 3" bbl, 6+1 rnds.

If you're not particularly recoil sensitive, you might want to look into carrying a 9mm.

Last edited:

Cannon762

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Apr 4, 2011
    Gas City Area
    Good advice in here. I bought a PPK for a pocket gun as well only a couple months ago. After wearing it around for a couple days I realized that it's definitely too heavy for that, and I wasn't willing to carry a .380 as a primary defense weapon. Here's a picture of my old one next to my P99c

Bc0Eg.jpg

Not much difference in size, and honestly not much difference at all in weight. Width was a slightly bigger difference because the P99 is double stack, but to be honest the width difference wasn't that much either. You can pick up a lot more firepower if you're willing to budge just a bit on size constraints.

The PPK is a fun gun, and despite what you may read about the S&W PPK's mine was extremely reliable, but it didn't fill the niche I thought it would so I traded it.

In my personal opinion you should swing harder one way or the other. If you want a pocket gun, get a pocket gun (Kel-tec, LCP, etc.) or bump up to a subcompact 9mm or even .40.

Top Bottom