• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    Don't own one, but have shot one and sold many. IMO, it's a step backward for Walther, and a rather clumsily executed attempt to produce a "price point" pistol. The PPQM2 is *vastly* superior in every respect.

codydugger

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 28, 2013
    avon,in
    thanks for the input, i have just recently gotten into handguns and this was my first one to purchase, but for something to take out to the range and to keep in the night stand, it does pretty good to me, i also have a glock 17 9mm.

cbm76

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 19, 2013
    I've been looking at it too and I'm wondering how it compares to the Ruger SR9.

Anyone have any comparisons there?

codydugger

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 28, 2013
    avon,in
    the ppx is a very bulky gun. But i like it, because it fits my hand comfortably, i have heard a lot of people complain about it looking like a Hipoint, but i like the way it looks. i have had it out at the range several time and have fired several different brands of ammo through it and have had no problems.Also compared to me glock 17 9mm, it has a very smooth trigger on it.

shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    I've been looking at it too and I'm wondering how it compares to the Ruger SR9.

Anyone have any comparisons there?

The SR9 has a much lower bore axis (meaning less "muzzle flip") and a shorter but heavier trigger pull than the PPX. It also has a manual safety in addition to its trigger safety, a more comfortable grip (IMO) with the ability to change the backstrap between flat and arched, and its controls (mag release and safety) are ambidextrous.

We sell both guns at $429.95, and I'd take the Ruger any day of the week.

drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD
    I owned one and it was very accurate and I liked the trigger pull which probably helped. It's just too wide/big for me to have ever carried it. It would make a great house gun or a first gun with the price point. I don't think it's a step back for Walther more so a new market, a chance to bring the Walther name to new shooters or those with a limited income. I saw some at the 1500 that were well under 400.00 and you can't beat that. You do sacrifice some ergonomics definitely between that and the PPQ though.

CMac

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 28, 2013
    B-town
    I really like my PPX. You need to get your hands on one before you buy it though. It seems to either fit well or be very uncomfortable. It fits my hand well.

I'm no expert, but from my experience the trigger is really good for a DAO (actually it's a Pre-set) hammer fired. It seems to be a good compromise between long and heavy enough to carry with one in the chamber, but smooth and light enough to shoot well.

I bought it to be a nightstand gun, but I carry it with my Remora holster and it's not bad. NOT my EDC, but it's ok for some things.

SR9 VS PPX was what I narrowed it down to when I was looking. Both were comfortable in my hand, but the PPX felt better. I also liked that the PPX didn't have the external safety, but if you want that I guess the SR9 is the way to go. For my location the PPX was much cheaper than the SR9 as well.

For the best bang-for-buck home defense/occational carry I like my PPX.

cbm76

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 19, 2013
    I really like my PPX. You need to get your hands on one before you buy it though. It seems to either fit well or be very uncomfortable. It fits my hand well.

I'm no expert, but from my experience the trigger is really good for a DAO (actually it's a Pre-set) hammer fired. It seems to be a good compromise between long and heavy enough to carry with one in the chamber, but smooth and light enough to shoot well.

I bought it to be a nightstand gun, but I carry it with my Remora holster and it's not bad. NOT my EDC, but it's ok for some things.

SR9 VS PPX was what I narrowed it down to when I was looking. Both were comfortable in my hand, but the PPX felt better. I also liked that the PPX didn't have the external safety, but if you want that I guess the SR9 is the way to go. For my location the PPX was much cheaper than the SR9 as well.

For the best bang-for-buck home defense/occational carry I like my PPX.

That's almost exactly where I'm at right now. Finally looking at getting a pistol so I'm hoping to go check them both out tomorrow.

For the price they both seem to fit the bill. I've only read good things about the trigger on the PPX, and the reviews on the Ruger seem to be really good too.

Top Bottom