• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Barry in IN

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 31, 2008
    I've only been in there once (wrong side on Indy for me) about a year ago, but didn't buy anything. My friend did, though.

They are (or were then) heavy into surplus rifles. I would guess they had at least two, maybe three, surplus rifles for each "modern" gun.
    I enjoy a good old surplus rifle now and then, so that was OK with me. Prices were higher than what you see listed in Shotgun News, but thats to be expected in any shop.

I don't remember specific examples, but I'm thinking the modern guns were priced a little steep. Don't hold me to that, though.

My friend had just bought a 7.7mm Japanese Arisaka (mostly to get another rifle the guy had) and wanted some ammo. They had some of the Hornady ammo like Graf & Sons gets loaded, and the price was the same as from Graf's. He bought all they had.

WHITE_WOLFE

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 24, 2008
    Greenfield
    He does all my transfers. The prices are about normal. I believe he is still a Class 3 dealer. I bought 2 Mosins from him and the barrels were in awesome shape. He even gave me a little bit of a deal for buying 2 on my C&R license.

Scotts a nice guy.

Where do you live in Greenfield Mini 14? I am on Blue Road near JB Stephens Elementary school.

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    I am heavy into milsurp firearms and have my C&R FFL. Scott keeps my FFL on file and I never need to fill out any paperwork. Prices tend to be a bit higher but I can look over them first. Also, they tend to get the harder to find stuff, they get lots of estate guns. A great place to go. It may not be a very large store but they have great stuff to look at. Has that old rifle smell as well.

babolat69

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 5, 2008
    They post a lot of their guns at auctionarms.com under wanagun. They have a great selection of surplus rifles but are prices a little higher than some internet sights but you do get to look them over before buying.

Only been there once and didnt buy anything since I am on the opposite side of town.

OSOK

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 23, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN
    They do all my transfers. They are pleasant folks to deal with. Inventory is not the most extensive, but they have some unique stuff. If you like doing business with genuine, nice people, you will not be disappointed.

Crystalship1

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 4, 2008
    Oaklandon, IN.
    FWIW...... I spoke to the guy who does their gunsmithing work and he stated that he could smooth-out the trigger on a Sigma by using Glock parts for around $40. :dunno:
    Seemed like nice fellas :patriot:
    :cheers:

thompal

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 27, 2008
    Beech Grove
    I think it's owned by the same person who has had it for years. I grew up in Wanamaker, and he used to be located less than a quarter mile from my house. If so, he's been in business for almost 40 years. (FORTY YEARS!!!??)
    Nice guy. Always willing to help out. I sold him my CAR-15 a few years ago when I needed some case. Got a 'fair' deal.

Top Bottom