• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    A friend of mine who is into WWII-era guns goes there regularly and speaks highly of the shop and its employees. That said, he recently took an Enfield in to them to be re-parkerized, and whoever they used (they don't do any refinishing in-house) did a crap job, according to his description and pictures.

I advised him to take the matter up with the folks at Wannamaker, and suggested a couple other vendors who could redo the job properly. Haven't talked to him in awhile so I don't know how the whole thing turned out, but will attempt to get an update.

FWIW.

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    Wanamaker Guns is a great little shop! I've done quite a bit of business with them over the past couple of years, and they've always treated me right. They are a class 3 dealer, and also do consignments and listings on online gun auctions. Scott and Tony are great guys!

By the way, I've got a custom Glock 22 on consignment in their shop. I'll post pics and info in the classifieds.....
    Who are you kidding...you keep them is business.

ballzac86

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    Southside
    I went in there today to buy some ammo, and it's a decent little shop. The people were nice, but peculiar at the same time. I'd buy from them again though.

cityjerk

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Hi i work for them part time and wanted to let everyone know that They are getting in some saigas on the 22nd of december late in the afternoon. 3 of the 12 gauges and 1 308 16 inch. might be an ar on that shipment two but havent got to see the manifest yet so unsure as of now. will be some 7.62x39 surplus and 223 silverbear ammo on it though. Also saiga conversions done at the shop so you could buy a factory one and leave with a pimped out one within a day or so.

cityjerk

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Nope mine live in Beech Grove But I know who your thinking of and his parents do live in shelby county

fullauto 45

Master
    Rating - 100%
    31   0   1
    Dec 27, 2008
    SE Indy
    I live just down the road from Wanamaker gun. Scott, Jim, Tony are all great guys. Great shop and will treat you better then any shop around. I do my class III transfers from them, most anyway. In fact I stop in about every other day. They get a lot of that walk in "my dad or grand dad died and the family wants to get rid of it" stuff.

Colt556

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Feb 12, 2009
    Avon
    Is this the shop that used to be Windsor Guns? If so I bought my first handgun from them over 30 years ago. It was a S&W Model 28 .357 and was a big heavy gun. Wished I'd kept that thing now though, as well as all the others I've let pass through my hands over the years!

steif

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    80   0   0
    Feb 8, 2009
    Wanamaker

Hi,
    This shop is outstanding! I have military rifles and they like them so it's a natural fit. they have always bent over backward to help! Great shop and great people as well.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 21, 2009
    In a fog
    It took a while to find this thread, but I want to give a :+1:to Wanamaker guns. Very honest and helpful staff. They did some work on an old Ruger and did a great job.

electra

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    Greenfield
    Excellent FFL transfers . . . friendly, informed proprietor/staff . . . accurate work . . . always a pleasure to do business with; highly recommended.

steve666

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2010
    Indianapolis Eastside
    I'll go back

I used them once for the transfer of my Kahr K40 and had them install the new striker spring while I was there. Was quite happy with both services. I agree that the in stock selection seemed to be mostly surplus rifles, but where else will you look into the display case and see one of the Guide Lamp Liberators for sale???

Top Bottom