• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • sgreen3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Jan 19, 2011
    Scottsburg,In
    Ive been looking at the S&W Bodygaurd. Shoot one at the range a couple weeks back functioned flawless. Nice feel to it, easily fit into a pocket, quality piece

TVon

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 8, 2011
    Brownsburg
    I've had the LC9 for about 3 months now. I've put about 500 rounds through it.

Pros:

1. Accuracy. At 20 feet, I've found it to be very accurate.
    2. Compact
    3. Affordable
    4. Double action
    5. Manual safety (I realize with the double action some people see the manual safety as overkill)

Potential Cons:

1. Magazine disconnect safety. If the magazine is not in the gun, it will not fire. (There are plenty of tutorials on how to disable this feature if you really don't like it. I'm sure doing so will void your warranty.)
    2. Long trigger pull. It doesn't really bother me though.

Cons:

1. There appears to be issues with certain brands of ammo. I have personally had problems with S&B having light strikes. I have had no problems with white box FMJ and Winchester Supreme Elite Bonded PDX1 JHP that I use for EDC. As always, make sure you test fire any ammunition you plan on using for EDC.

So far, I really enjoy the LC9 for my EDC.

I'm not so sure it's a great pocket carry gun. I suppose if you have baggier pants on with big pockets you can probably get away with it.

burgers

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Feb 3, 2011
    I own a Ruger LCP which I think is a great buy for the $ and it disappears pretty easily in your pocket. I held a Diamondback DB9 (9mm) at the local fun shop and was pretty impressed, haven't shot one though.

msquared

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 14, 2008
    Kahr P380. Ive owned a Keltec P3AT, S&W Bodyguard and now the Kahr. The trigger, sights and overall shootability of the Kahr is better than the others. The P3AT used to bloody my trigger finger after about 10 rounds, and the BG had such a heavy trigger shots were all over the place.

Kahr hides as well and shoots better. Yes it costs more, but I found it to be money well spent.

D2VW14_20

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Nov 24, 2010
    Scottsburg In
    I would look into a KelTec. In my opinion, Taurus, ruger, etc have gone off of KelTecs designs. Why not go with a $60-$100 difference and with the original? I have a KelTec .32 and its great. Use that during the summer and my Bersa 380 or my new XDm now when I have more cover.

Toolepqk

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 96.3%
    52   2   0
    Jul 25, 2011
    I have an lc9 with 550 rounds through it. I haven't had any malfunctions. It is very accurate. Some don't like the trigger but I don't mind it.

leftsock

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 16, 2009
    Greenwood
    Well, if you're considering the LC9 or PF9, it depends on the size of your pockets.

The LCP or P3AT will easily slide into a front or rear pocket and are super easy to carry.

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    Go with the classics. Beretta tomcat. It's bad enough to pull out a pocket pistol if you need it. You really don't want it to fail on you.:)

I love my tomcat, bobcats and my jetfire, never have an issue with them going bang. just feed them good food er ammo :)

Swim404

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    ATL
    After doing a lot of research I went with the Bodyguard 380. It felt much easier to grip in my hand than the others, lifetime warranty, more safety features, slide that locks back, and a built in laser.

bman

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 15, 2010
    beretta tomcat has a flip up barrel. can also be carried cocked and locked, though I wouldn't if its in your pocket.

NickJ

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jun 12, 2011
    Indianapolis
    Walther PK380 :D I've had one for about a year. Had 2 or 3 fte's in the first 200 rounds, but since then it has functioned perfectly. I could literally feel it breaking in and cycling smoother. It's small, but not stupid small like all the other 380's. Also, I just love its grip..fits my whole hand and feels good. Perfect CC gun IMO. My girlfriend is starting to fall in love with it, so I may get a Ruger SR9c..I have the full size SR9, and it has had ZERO malfunctions in it's entire "life". Either way...you're getting a new gun!!!!!!!

The Tomcat is a really nice CC gun, but it just looks so lame!! A gun should never be THAT tiny!!!DOOOOONT DOOOO IT..even if it's a classic!

Deet

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Aug 21, 2009
    NWI
    I always like to suggest older military pistols, maybe a Radom p64, in 9x18mm it will fit in a pocket and can be found for $150. If you hate pocket carry you'll only be out a little money.

ag563

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 25, 2011
    Delphi, Indiana
    I have an LC9, really like it, no problems, it does have a long trigger pull,
    but you get used to it. Would be nice if it came with more than one mag.

Top Bottom