Want Radiation Monitoring info. & data???

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    Radiation Information Sources - Government Agencies:

Environmental Protection Agency
    Japanese Nuclear Emergency: EPA's Radiation Monitoring | US EPA

Main webpage for radiation monitoring with access to environmental radiation monitoring data (air, precipitation, milk)
    RadNet Overview | Envirofacts | US EPA

Web page to develop a customized search of RadNet monitoring data
    RadNet Environmental Radiation Data

A listing of Environmental Radiation Data Reports (1991 – 2009) available on-line
    https://cdxnode64.epa.gov/radnet-public/showMap.do

Map page of all RadNet sites with access to latest hourly measurements
    Other Federal Agencies having information regarding the situation in Japan
    Department of Energy
    The Situation in Japan (Updated 04/18/11) | DOE Blog

Nuclear Regulatory Commission
    NRC: Japan Nuclear Accident ? NRC Actions

Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
    CDC - Radiation Dispersal from Japan - NIOSH Workplace Safety and Health Topic

Food and Drug Administration
    Radiation Safety

International Agencies

International Atomic Energy Agency
    International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA): Earthquake in Japan

World Health Organization
    WHO | Japan nuclear concerns

Other Radiation Monitoring Websites:

A. Radiation Network
    Nationwide grass roots effort to monitor radiation in the environment.

B. HOME | Air Radioactivity Monitoring at UW Physics
    University of Washington Physics Department research lab for monitoring the arrival of trace amounts of fission products produced at Fukushima. A link to the Seattle Times article regarding the monitoring is provided:
    Local News | Universities come through in monitoring for radiation | Seattle Times Newspaper

C. UC Berkeley Nuclear Engineering Air Monitoring Station | The Nuclear Engineering Department At UC Berkeley
    University of California Berkeley Department of Nuclear Engineering student-operated Berkeley Radiological Air and Water Monitoring Team (BRAWM) website. A link to the Berkeley Daily Planet article regarding monitoring is provided:
    Berkeley's Window on the Nuclear Crisis in Japan. Category: Page One from The Berkeley Daily Planet
    Nuclear-Crisis-in-Japan

D. ANS UNLV Student Chapter :: Air Monitoring at UNLV for Radionuclides Released from the Fukushima Accident
    The UNLV Health Physics department has set up a high-volume air sampler on the roof of the Bigelow Health Sciences building in an attempt to measure radionuclides released from the Fukushima Daiichi accident as a training exercise for students and to provide
    monitoring information to the public.

E. Community Environmental Monitoring Program | CEMP - DOE
    The Community Environmental Monitoring Program (CEMP) is a network of 29 monitoring stations located in communities surrounding and downwind of the Nevada National Security Site (NNSS), formerly the Nevada Test Site (NTS) that monitor the airborne environment for manmade radioactivity that could result from NNSS activities. The CEMP is a joint effort between the Department of Energy's National Nuclear Security Administration Nevada Site Office (NNSA/NSO), and the Desert Research Institute (DRI) of the Nevada System of Higher Education.

F. Stations by Location: Neighborhood Environmental Watch Network: Air: Environment: LANL
    NEWNET (Neighborhood Environmental Watch Network) is a network of environmental monitoring stations, and data storage and data processing systems, with public access to the data through the Internet. This allows interested members of the public to have constant access to the stations so they can observe the results at any time

abrumlev

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    NE Indy
    Everyone learning about radiation would do society a ton of good. Just like educating everyone over gun rights.

I'm getting a physics minor and learning about radiation in medicine right now and it makes me laugh when people are freaking out about the japanese "meltdown" when in reality it isn't as bad as most people assume.

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    Everyone learning about radiation would do society a ton of good. Just like educating everyone over gun rights.

I'm getting a physics minor and learning about radiation in medicine right now and it makes me laugh when people are freaking out about the japanese "meltdown" when in reality it isn't as bad as most people assume.

I agree... kind of.

It's bad THERE. Worse than they initially either A)knew, or B)let on in order to "save face". I'm going with a combination of A & B.

It's not bad HERE. And probably won't be.

-J-

abrumlev

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    NE Indy
    I agree... kind of.

It's bad THERE. Worse than they initially either A)knew, or B)let on in order to "save face". I'm going with a combination of A & B.

It's not bad HERE. And probably won't be.

-J-

Well I agree a little bit. The surrounding areas and ocean are getting the brunt of the radiation, but the people working there won't suffer any repercussions from the exposure more than possible genetic defects. Bad ,yes, but no one will be dying from straight radiation sickness.

Regardless...the people in CA taking Iodine pills are just batpoop crazy haha.

Caleb

Making whiskey, one batch at a time!
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 11, 2008
    Columbus, IN
    Well I agree a little bit. The surrounding areas and ocean are getting the brunt of the radiation, but the people working there won't suffer any repercussions from the exposure more than possible genetic defects. Bad ,yes, but no one will be dying from straight radiation sickness.

Regardless...the people in CA taking Iodine pills are just batpoop crazy haha.

I think for any of us to get any kind of fall out, the ractors need to litterally meltdown and explode...it also depends on the jet stream.

Top Bottom