• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • henktermaat

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 3, 2009
    I have approval from the wife to buy a small amount of venison to try out. would like a small "sample" of steaks, sausage, and jerky (mmmm, jerky.) perhaps 3-5 lbs... hope to get a deal as she doesn't know if she'll like it. I'm on the northside of Indy... :ingo:

rhino400

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Mar 4, 2009
    Delaware County
    If I wasn't so far away and if I had gotten a deer this year I would just give you some. I'm pretty sure it is illegal to buy/sell wild game in the state of Indiana. The regulations say you cannot buy, trade or barter. But they say nothing about giving it away.

4sarge

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    FREEDONIA
    Holy mother of... it's illegal to sell deer meat???

Wow. I had no idea- seems so ridiculous :scratch: :nuts:

I've seen venison for sale at the processor. It's listed as unclaimed (unpaid for) venison. I've bought the jerky and sausage. It usually goes for just the cost of the processing.

Aaronhome27

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Nov 18, 2009
    Kendallville
    If you were closer I would happily give you some. If you are ever in the northeast part of the state send me a message and I will meet up with you and get some meat to you. Shoot if I have some jerky or sausage made at the time I will throw some of that your way also. That is where normally all of my meat goes now. The kids and wife eat that stuff up like it is going out of style.

I am north of Fort Wayne about 20 minutes.

henktermaat

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 3, 2009
    If you were closer I would happily give you some. If you are ever in the northeast part of the state send me a message and I will meet up with you and get some meat to you. Shoot if I have some jerky or sausage made at the time I will throw some of that your way also. That is where normally all of my meat goes now. The kids and wife eat that stuff up like it is going out of style.

I am north of Fort Wayne about 20 minutes.

That is too kind... :) :yesway: I'm way down here in the center though. :ingo:

jmiller676

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 16, 2009
    18 feet up
    If you're ever near Goshen P.M. me. I have 2 deer in the freezer this year plus part of last years, my dad's looking to get one soon and I'll probably get another by January. I'll throw in a stick of summer sausage too.

LEaSH

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Aug 10, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I'm not sure, but that restaurant near castleton probably has a medallion steak or some dish with venison.
    Loon Lake Lodge. I don't know what their prices or quality is like.

hardtrailz400

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 12, 2008
    Batesvegas
    I'm not sure, but that restaurant near castleton probably has a medallion steak or some dish with venison.
    Loon Lake Lodge. I don't know what their prices or quality is like.

I worked as a kitchen manager in a restaurant that had venison, elk, bison, quail. and any seafood I ordered. Most of the game is from overseas. Our venison was from New Zealand. Was ok, but not as good as IN corn fed venison.

A restaurant wont match up to a home cooked venison meal.

El Cazador

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 17, 2009
    NW Hendricks CO
    You can't buy wild game, but there are a few game farms that sell venison. There's a couple of guys north of Greencastle that sells elk venison he raised, and another guy right near them that sells bison.

And, I have some deer venison I'll share with you, but I don't have any sausage or jerky. I won't start making that until near the end of the seasons.

Cornbread

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 7, 2008
    Indianapolis
    I don't have any sausage or jerky but I do have some stakes and roast. I could give you i pack of each. I have it do at archers meats. PM me if you want. I am on the southeast side of Indy.

henktermaat

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 3, 2009
    I don't have any sausage or jerky but I do have some stakes and roast. I could give you i pack of each. I have it do at archers meats. PM me if you want. I am on the southeast side of Indy.
    Thanks, I'll PM you the next time I head down that way, unless I get my paws on some samples earlier :yesway:

Top Bottom