• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • usaguy2006

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 15, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Ok, so i assume most of you have seen the hello kitty ar 15 and some of the other wild looking ak 47s and what not.. Metal painted white and the furniture painted pink with hearts and other designs.. I think my GF would absoloutely love getting something like that as a gift, i know she would..

So my question is this, after i get me a basic WASR 10 AK to work with, is there certain paint i would need to use to paint a rifle? Is this even something possible to do and have it turn out right? I mean the paint on the barrel will have to resist heat... I am open to any suggestions tips or ideas here with this project that i want to take on.. I know that you would want to keep paint off the internal parts, and i planning on covering any type of place where paint dosent need to be... I am really unaware of wether or not this type of thing can be done reasonably with out just being a mess... Hope some one has some good advice... Thanks

heres a link to the hello kitty ar 15 incase you have not saw it..

http://cache.gawker.com/assets/images/4/2007/12/thumb463x_KittyRifle.jpg

I saw a painted up AK earlier but cant find it at the moment...:patriot:

geronimojoe85

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Nov 16, 2009
    I would think duracoat would fit the bill. And it comes in all kinds of wild colors.
    From what I hear the trick to a solid duricoat is in the prep work. I've never done it myself but that's what I hear round the campfire

geronimojoe85

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Nov 16, 2009
    Just looked at the DuraCoat website. They have the Bloomberg Collection. I think the white for the receiver and "Bronx Rose" for the stock would look good.
    Now you have me thinking about doing this for my girlfriend.

ThrottleJockey

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 14, 2009
    Between Greenwood and Martinsville
    I haven't tried to use it yet, but Duracoat sounds like the stuff you want. There are several threads on INGO about it (oh, wait this IS INGO), but I'm not going to do your search for you. That would'nt be very sporting of me:) Oh, here.
    hello_kitty_ak47.jpg
    ladydi.jpg
    martha.jpg
    rainbow-brite-ammo-loader.jpg

usaguy2006

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 15, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Just looked at the DuraCoat website. They have the Bloomberg Collection. I think the white for the receiver and "Bronx Rose" for the stock would look good.
    Now you have me thinking about doing this for my girlfriend.

yeah as much as she may love it, i am gonna love showing people as well lol it will be a pretty neat piece if this goes to plan..:yesway:

vitamink

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    INDY
    classic arms has hard chrome Ak's and you can change out the furniture for pink...that'd be neat.
    Classic Arms Inc. scroll down a bit to find it.

You can also buy pink stain and stain the wood furniture pink. I'll give you some wood furniture if you show the before and after results.

I.O. inc. makes a pink ak if you don't feel like going through the process and expense of duracoating.
    I.O.PinkAK.jpg

Dsgnr_81

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Oct 28, 2009
    Pendleton Indiana
    Duracoat is pretty easy to use. I've found that prep is everything. Ah, and a little hint, after you know it's completely clean, and there is no possible way those commies could have crammed one teensy weensey bit of cosmoline anywhere... clean it again.

Prior to painting, heat the parts as oils WILL seep out of nooks and crannys you didn't know existed.

After that, it's a pretty straightforward process.

OH, one more hint. Now would be a good time to have you wife go out with the girls... Maybe a dinner / movie? Cause it is going to smell a bit. Trust me on this one. I didn't think the fumes were that bad... My wife almost stabbed me with a dull spoon. You'd think I was an ogre or something.

Besides, then you don't have to go see the latest romantic comedy. WIN WIN.

usaguy2006

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 15, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Wow, VitaminK i think that Chrome AK would be sweet with pink furniture...Little different than the black and pink that you see a bit of.. I think i am going to do that for sure.. I will def put before and after pics of what i do in this thread...

I will continue looking into duracoat for future use tho, all i need is a conventional spray gun (harbor freight) and the paint from them.. its not too expensive considering what i thought it would run..Dsgnr i take it you have use duracoat a few times? I may have a few questions for you on the process if you dont mind..

And VitaminK, you would just use regular pink stain on that wood furniture? just stuff from the local paint store?

Dsgnr_81

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Oct 28, 2009
    Pendleton Indiana
    classic arms has hard chrome Ak's and you can change out the furniture for pink...that'd be neat.
    Classic Arms Inc. scroll down a bit to find it.

You can also buy pink stain and stain the wood furniture pink. I'll give you some wood furniture if you show the before and after results.

I.O. inc. makes a pink ak if you don't feel like going through the process and expense of duracoating.
    I.O.PinkAK.jpg

For the record, your avatar makes me uncomfortable... there I said it. :D

vitamink

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    INDY
    Makes you uncomfortable? Maybe if you had this badass futon you could be comfortable in a banana hammock like me. Come over and sit on it for a while, im sure you'd love it :).

I'd use regular pink stain, but i'm no expert with wood work.

Top Bottom