• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Jon Craig

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 20, 2010
    Lafayette, IN
    A bunch of years ago, I bought a Ruger P93DC. It's certainly a good gun, but now I'm about to be licensed to carry, and due to bulk and such, I don't think it's necessarily a great carry weapon. Sure does shoot nice, though... Heh.

Anyway - I'm wondering what other 9mm handguns people recommend? I don't need super compact - just something less bulky than the 93DC - and of course, something that can be carried safely "combat ready."

robbran144

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 23, 2009
    southside/greenwood
    glock 19, m&p9 or 9c, xdm9....goto your lgs and get your hands on a few, see which ones feel the best and fit your budget...ruger even makes the sr9 now that at least look better than the old rugers

sparkyfender

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Mar 20, 2008
    Southcentral IN
    GLOCK or XD.

Smith & Wesson M&P series. CZ and several others.

Sig or H&K, if you are willing to make a price level leap. I highly reccomend one of the used H&K P7 9mm pistols coming in from Germany.

All steel so expect a bit of weight, excellently built, very flat and easy to conceal.

You will need a dedicated holster due to their rather unusual profile. A "generic" will have a hard time cutting it.

A few places, such as Top Gun Supply, have them in stock at this time, I believe.

Keep your Ruger P93DC, if possible. I wish I still had mine.............

Last edited:

The PROFET

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 25, 2010
    Dawsonville Ga.
    personal carry

Glocks are bulletproof, I carry a 29 (10mm compact) in my back pocket a 27 ( 40 cal compact) in my front pocket, and I can't wait on the polymer judge, thats comming out.------I try not to get to close to any large bodies of water.

mrfjones

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Feb 5, 2010
    Chico
    I have been looking at some for pretty much the same reasons and I am looking at the kahr line cw, p and pm. You should at least take a look.

Larryjr

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 4, 2009
    Portland, IN
    There are many options. You will need to try out several to make the best choice. I will tell you I am partial to the Smith M&P line. Very comfortable with the ability to change the grip size in the back. I also like the Taurus 709 as a good carry weapon.

Top Bottom