• ...and so much more!
  • mikebol

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 22, 2015
    Trafalgar
    Guys -

With deer season approaching, I've decided it's time to move to a crossbow. My shoulder simply cannot take pulling a bow back, holding, aiming like when I was younger. I'm looking for something used, $200 - 300 range with an optic of some kind.

What brands should I be looking for? What should I be checking when buying used? Or are there good, inexpensive NEW options I should be considering?

Mike

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    I would look for something with a cocking mechanism available if you have shoulder problems. I shoot an old Exocet and it's very accurate, probably not very expensive these days I would imagine.

1988-4551

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 92.9%
    13   1   0
    Feb 20, 2012
    I bought one from walmart.com as my first and still current outfit. 145 or so and it came with a scope. Get the 90 dollar crank cocking device they have out and shell out for a cheap red dot scope (its on my nice to have list) and your still in budget....

Wheezy50

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    Morgan County
    I've been reading up on the Center Point Sniper 370. Seems to have a lot of good reviews and a lot of crossbow for the money. 370 fps, comes with a cheap-o 4x32 optic and should be less than $300.

I'm looking for my first crossbow right now as well, never really shot one before. This looks like a decent option to not be in a lot of $. I watched several you tube videos and they seem to get good feedback.

mikebol

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 22, 2015
    Trafalgar
    Thanks guys for the suggestions. Yea, Wheezy, I'm reading and watching YouTube as well trying to figure out a few options for a solid entry crossbow. The center point has the options I'm looking for at a reasonable price point. I've also been looking at what's listed on Craigslist too to understand what folks are selling, reading reviews on these to perhaps learn more about why they are moving on from it.

I had not considered looking at WalMart though - will do so as my interest is peaked. As a general rule, I avoid WalMart LOL

yote hunter

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Dec 27, 2013
    Indiana
    I love 10 point bows with the accudraw, and their scope. Accurate and can be cocked with very little effort. Still a used one may be out of your price range, but wicked Ridge made by tenpoint also has the same features and is a bit cheaper.

Willie

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 24, 2010
    Warrick County
    Starter crossbow - Wicked Ridge by TenPoint.

It is TenPoint quality at a bargain price..

Check out Wyvern Creations for the best buy on them...

two70

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Feb 5, 2016
    Johnson
    You might be able to find an older, used Excalibur for that price range and that would be my suggestion. If not, save up a bit more to buy an entry level Excalibur. I would have strong reservations about buying any other brand used because you never know how much they have been abused or how much more they will take.

Top Bottom