• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Skywired

Master
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Aug 14, 2010
    Cicero
    I wanted a Henry Golden Boy Lever Action. Of course, my options were .22LR, .22MAG, or .17HMR. I was seriously considering the .22 mag, because I already had several .22LR guns. I chose the .17HMR..... and let me tell you... everytime I shoot it, I am so thankful that I chose the .17HMR. That baby will just reach out and touch whatever you're aiming at. Wow... I have never been so impressed. Do yourself a favor. Buy it! :)

Last edited:

Winamac

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 11, 2011
    Logansport
    I have a Ruger 77/17 w/walnut stock. I believe you will be hard pressed to find a .17 that shoots and feels as good as the Ruger 77/17.The Ruger quality is unsurpassed. I have no doubt that the Savages, CZ'z etc...are good, but the Ruger in IMHO is head and shoulders above them.:twocents:

singlesix

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, In
    I have a Ruger 77/17 w/walnut stock. I believe you will be hard pressed to find a .17 that shoots and feels as good as the Ruger 77/17.The Ruger quality is unsurpassed. I have no doubt that the Savages, CZ'z etc...are good, but the Ruger in IMHO is head and shoulders above them.:twocents:
    You lo down pole cat, you calling out the non-ruger shooters :): Seriously Savage, Ruger, CZ, Marlin, Henry ... good to have so many quality rifles to choose ... :rockwoot:

Small's

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Dec 16, 2012
    south of Indy
    I cant argue with the fact that the ruger is the best feeling gun. They feel like a big caliber bolt gun and the magazines are far better than the other two. I have a 77/22 with the 20" thin barrel and zytel stock. I love that gun and it shoots good but nowhere near how good the cz17 does. Some of that had to do with the 22mag not usually being as accurate as a 17hmr in most instances. If your comparing build quality between the ruger and marlin/savages its not even close. One is built very well and the others feel very cheap. Im not saying the ruger is more accurate but it is built on a more solid platform. Its also reflected by the price range. As far as build quality I think it goes ruger 77, cz, savage then marlin and the same for the price range. You get what you pay for. I have played around with all of these guns in the past in 22lr, 22mag, 17hmr and I can say from my experience that they all shoot good it just depends on how much you want to spend. That being said I sold my savage and now have 3 cz's "two in 22lr and one in 17hmr" and the ruger 77/22mag

Top Bottom