• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • snowwalker

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 13, 2009
    In the sticks
    To all the above I would add TALK TO THEM. I have only done one sale without talking to the person and that was on INGO. For me, I need to talk to you and everything can be done in one 3 minute phone call. I have walked away from several deals after talking to someone and it did not feel right. The phone call is easier than PM's back and forth. If there is a problem of traffic, flat tire, etc., a courtesy call is very much appreciated.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    To all the above I would add TALK TO THEM. I have only done one sale without talking to the person and that was on INGO. For me, I need to talk to you and everything can be done in one 3 minute phone call. I have walked away from several deals after talking to someone and it did not feel right. The phone call is easier than PM's back and forth. If there is a problem of traffic, flat tire, etc., a courtesy call is very much appreciated.

In my experience the phone call (I prefer as well) goes well past the 3 minute mark. Maybe 2 deals that would not pass along personal info. 1 was just a jrk and the other was just very private. Private got the asking price and the jerk still has not sold his items.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Hope this is ok in the general section.

I am wanting to sell a gun, but not sure the best way to do it. I have read the rules for the forum and nothing seems to be a problem. My concern is, in a nut shell, what is the safest way to do it.

For those who have done this before, I have a couple of questions:

1) Where does one meet the potential buyer? (i.e. public parking lot - Walmart or something?)
    2) I know you need to verify they are a residence of Indiana, but besides DL, is there anything else (i.e LTC)?
    3) What other safeguards should I beware of? Anything to be weary of?
    4) When should a sale not happen?

Thanks, I appreciate it.

I've made two sales on INGO.

One came to my office. One I met at a Starbuck's in Lebanon. I wanted to see DLs and LTCHs. Did not write anything down.

I wanted cash or Postal money orders. Both parties understood. No problems in either case. The INGOer that bought my JP Enterprises 7.62 brought his kids.:D

I have purchased 5 on INGO.

1 came to my Dad's house when I was down there on other business.

1 met me in Griffith after the Crown Point Gun Show. Met me in the parking lot of a well-known gun store up there.

2 met me at the Starbuck's in Lebanon (last one I bought a Lipsey's Bisley .44SPL, so sweet).

1 met me after a ISRPA Board of Directors meeting at Oaken Bucket Brewing in Greenwood.

None of my sellers wanted to see my DL or Larry. I paid in cash so there were no problems.

Top Bottom