• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 21, 2011
    "Our" involvement in making Israel exist? What exactly would that have been? The vote for the U.N. resolution to make a two-state entity out of what was once British Palestine?

Israel exists because the Palestinian Arabs and the Arab countries nearby rejected the partition plan. Their attempt to take all of Palestine resulted in them getting none of it. Sux to be them.

Can we have a sticky for how the state of Israel came to be?

Can you blame em? Palestine shouldn't have been "British Palestine" see the "McMahan Agreement".

Our involvement was more than creating the UN, didnt we arm Israel? (i thought we helped with the fighting but upon more reading i cant find anything that says we did.)

If the UN said we should divide our country up and give 25% to 75% (not sure on the exact percentage they wanted to take from Palestinians and give to Jews) to "Native Americans", would we say OK? I seriously doubt it if the civil war is any indication of what would happen if the States were to be divided.

+1 Sticky for how the state of Israel came to be!!!!!!

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    What if said individuals belong to a group of people with like minded intrests/ideas/means? Should we not have gone after Al Quaida post (the first) 9/11?

It really becomes a wild goose chase when the state openly goes after people who had nothing to do with 9/11, only "associations." That's how you see 16-year old American born kids getting specifically targeted for assassination. But war is not about justice anyways.

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    "The "war on terror" cannot and will not end on its own for two reasons: (1) it is designed by its very terms to be permanent, incapable of ending, since the war itself ironically ensures that there will never come a time when people stop wanting to bring violence back to the US (the operational definition of "terrorism"), and (2) the nation's most powerful political and economic factions reap a bonanza of benefits from its continuation." -- Glenn Greenwald

Washington gets explicit: its 'war on terror' is permanent | Glenn Greenwald

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    It really becomes a wild goose chase when the state openly goes after people who had nothing to do with 9/11, only "associations." That's how you see 16-year old American born kids getting specifically targeted for assassination. But war is not about justice anyways.

You're no fun! You mean to tell us that the fact Abu Sa'id's daughter's best friend babysat Mohammad Atta's niece a couple of times doesn't justify going after Abu Sa'id?

Blackhawk2001

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 20, 2010
    NW Indianapolis
    It doesn't surprise me that our military is planning for a generational war; as Rambone says - much as I hate to agree - "war is not about justice . . ."; it is a political decision made for political reasons. Ideological wars tend to last much longer than wars against national identities. For example: WWI took 8 years, WWII took 7 years to resolve; the war between Communism and the West officially ended in 1998 (but is actually still ongoing under a different name) and the Crusades/Moslem conquests took centuries (but much of that was 'travel time'.)

The "quick" way to end an ideological war is to kill every man who openly claims the opposing ideology; then kill his immediate family, his extended family, and everyone who even remotely knew him. Then kill everyone who expresses outrage or shock over his death. When at last you have exterminated everyone who harbors a hint of sympathy for his ideology, you have won the war. Politically AND morally, we'll have to settle for battling those who insist on bringing the ideological war to us; killing (relatively) retail instead of wholesale until either they win, or we win, or no one can tell WHO won. The alternative is surrender and submission.

flatlander

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Noblesville
    Just heard that your savior -in-chief has saved the day for some of you.... no more global "war on terror". "strikes must be made so there are NO civilian casualties" etc Hope you sleep well in your safe soft beds....until the next time.

Bob

BogWalker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 5, 2013
    Just heard that your savior -in-chief has saved the day for some of you.... no more global "war on terror". "strikes must be made so there are NO civilian casualties" etc Hope you sleep well in your safe soft beds....until the next time.

Bob
    Okay so it is better that we kill as many civilians as possible? That will ensure our safety? Killing civilians makes me safer? If you want a holy war get a plane ticket to Pakistan and start one.

Blackhawk2001

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 20, 2010
    NW Indianapolis
    Can you blame em? Palestine shouldn't have been "British Palestine" see the "McMahan Agreement".

Our involvement was more than creating the UN, didnt we arm Israel? (i thought we helped with the fighting but upon more reading i cant find anything that says we did.)

If the UN said we should divide our country up and give 25% to 75% (not sure on the exact percentage they wanted to take from Palestinians and give to Jews) to "Native Americans", would we say OK? I seriously doubt it if the civil war is any indication of what would happen if the States were to be divided.

Actually, they were initially supplied by the Russians, British, and French, and of course, they captured a bunch of arms from the arabs who invaded them twice in the early years.

jbombelli

ITG Certified
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 17, 2008
    Brownsburg, IN
    Okay so it is better that we kill as many civilians as possible? That will ensure our safety? Killing civilians makes me safer? If you want a holy war get a plane ticket to Pakistan and start one.

There'd be a lot less civilian deaths if the civilian terrorists who bomb and otherwise kill our people would stop hiding among the innocent civilian population who had nothing to do with it. You know ... stop using them as human shields.

We've spent untold billions of dollars trying to minimize civilian casualties as much as possible with smart bombs, laser-guided weaponry, all that kind of stuff. So how do you blame the civilian deaths on us?

For example ...

humanshields.jpg

How do you expect to minimize civilian casualties when the enemy fights like THAT?

Blackhawk2001

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 20, 2010
    NW Indianapolis

And, of course, you seem to be forgetting - again - that the arabs ejected 600,000 Jews from their homes in Palestine when the partition took place. The difference was that the Jews accepted their displaced brethren, while the surrounding arabs forced the displaced Palestinians to stay in refugee camps for 60 years.

flatlander

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Noblesville

You kill them where they hide. I said NOTHING about "kill as many civilians as possible" so don't attempt to put words in my mouth. War is a dirty buisness. Spent 3 years in Iraq AFTER retiring from the .mil with 21 years as a Grunt so BTDT.

Bob

Top Bottom