War Story - Russian Roulette with a M1911A1? Don't try it.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Grunt

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    It was sometime in early spring 1981 when I had woke up around five o'clock in the morning and saw the perimeter lights still on at Camp Kitty Hawk (now named Camp Bonifas) along the DMZ in South Korea.

I quickly got dressed and went out looking for the sergeant of the guard, whose responsibility was to ensure that the perimeter lights were shut off early in the morning. When I got to the motor pool where we kept our quick reaction force trucks, I saw a pair of boots on the floor of the maintenance garage, toes pointed up and a pool of blood near the head of the sergeant of the guard, who was obviously dead.

An officer saw me and told me to go around the perimeter and shut off the perimeter lights. I had wanted to speak with the other soldier who stayed in the maintenance garage with the sergeant of the guard, but I had to take care of the lights.

To make a long story short, the other soldier said that the sergeant of the guard and himself were playing Russian roulette with a M1911A1 and the sergeant of the guard went first…….

I left Camp Kitty Hawk a short time after this incident and later found out that the soldier shot and killed the sergeant of the guard, but no reason was ever given. To this day I don’t know what happened between those two. Supposedly the shooter went to Leavenworth.

rugertoter

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 9, 2011
    N.E. Corner
    It was sometime in early spring 1981 when I had woke up around five o'clock in the morning and saw the perimeter lights still on at Camp Kitty Hawk (now named Camp Bonifas) along the DMZ in South Korea.

I quickly got dressed and went out looking for the sergeant of the guard, whose responsibility was to ensure that the perimeter lights were shut off early in the morning. When I got to the motor pool where we kept our quick reaction force trucks, I saw a pair of boots on the floor of the maintenance garage, toes pointed up and a pool of blood near the head of the sergeant of the guard, who was obviously dead.

An officer saw me and told me to go around the perimeter and shut off the perimeter lights. I had wanted to speak with the other soldier who stayed in the maintenance garage with the sergeant of the guard, but I had to take care of the lights.

To make a long story short, the other soldier said that the sergeant of the guard and himself were playing Russian roulette with a M1911A1 and the sergeant of the guard went first…….

I left Camp Kitty Hawk a short time after this incident and later found out that the soldier shot and killed the sergeant of the guard, but no reason was ever given. To this day I don’t know what happened between those two. Supposedly the shooter went to Leavenworth.
    The living soldiers story makes no sense. You need a revolver to play Russian roulette.:n00b:

handgun

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 1, 2012
    Central part of This state
    Humm mighty strange way to play Russian roulette. Smells like foul play.. Maybe you have someone load some blanks in with and one that is the real deal.. I dunno.. But I guess foul play, and that was the best story the solider could come up with.. The individual was suicidal and tried to stop it would have made alot more sense.. Oh well..

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Seyboldbryan
    Top Bottom