2   0   0
    Jul 29, 2010
    Newton Co. !

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    I'm not clear on what a criminal mob has to do with ousting the Chief of Police? The article doesn't mention him at all.

sepe

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Accra, Ghana
    They need to arrest the parents as well.

One documentary that I watched actually had some interviews with parents. Arresting them wouldn't have done much good as the ones that they could find to interview were either already in prison or had been through the system quite a few times.

Closing schools and busing kids into rivals neighborhoods will add to the stupidity on the streets of Chicago...maybe the can break the high score this year. They were already off to a good start into early March.

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    The big problem is most of that mob do not live in the Magnificent Mile area. Wall of their section and let them figure it out themselves.

Sfrandolph

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 23, 2012
    Boone county
    This kind of stuff is why I abhor any large city. Particularly Chicago, NYC, LA, etc. I absolutely refuse to go to any large city and I don't miss them one single bit.

BogWalker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 5, 2013
    This kind of stuff is why I abhor any large city. Particularly Chicago, NYC, LA, etc. I absolutely refuse to go to any large city and I don't miss them one single bit.
    Even without the stuff I can't stand large cities. As someone who's grown up in exclusively rural areas I just can't stand the noise and crowds. Was in Cincinnati over the weekend, and I will say there are many very nice attractions and things to see there, but I would not want to be there for more than a day trip. Way too crowded, too many people, no room to roam, and most importantly nowhere quiet! It's like a big cage with some zoos and river boat rides thrown in.

cobber

Parrot Daddy
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Sep 14, 2011
    Somewhere over the rainbow
    Even without the stuff I can't stand large cities. As someone who's grown up in exclusively rural areas I just can't stand the noise and crowds. Was in Cincinnati over the weekend, and I will say there are many very nice attractions and things to see there, but I would not want to be there for more than a day trip. Way too crowded, too many people, no room to roam, and most importantly nowhere quiet! It's like a big cage with some zoos and river boat rides thrown in.

Whatever you do, don't visit China!

Blackhawk2001

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 20, 2010
    NW Indianapolis
    I'm not sure why folks are after the Chicago Police Superintendent; he's a tool of the Mayor, just as is the chief law enforcement officer of any major city. The whole system is totally rotten in Cook County, although the violent effects of the rot are being largely confined to a relatively small section of the City. Chicago, like NYC, is a perfect example of what happens when any political party is left in charge of a polity for too long.

Doug

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    69   0   0
    Sep 5, 2008
    Indianapolis
    The Afghan News Service reports that the Taliban are upset at the violence in Chicago and have offered to send a peace-keeping force to help restore order.

Last edited:

BogWalker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 5, 2013
    The Afghan News Service reports that the Taliban are upset at the violence in Chicago and have offered to send a peace-keeping force to help restore order.
    Would do a better job than Chicago's police force.

Top Bottom