• indyblue

Guns & Pool Shooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 13, 2013
    Indy Northside `O=o-
    Paywalled
    Not for me using firefox with NoScript. NoScript blocks the javascript in the page that traps you. Sometimes using Private Mode also works since many sites will work fine if it thinks you've never visited before (no previous cookies set).

NoScript is a really helpful tool. But beware it can interfere with some sites (banks, shopping) and if you're not proficient in website technologies can stump you. For non-working sites I just temporarily allow the JS to run for the primary domains in the page.

I also run an anti-adware hosts file on my system and that keeps most of the ads & site telemetry from ever loading (in Linux, not 100% reliable on windows since it can ignore the local hosts file).

Last edited:

bobzilla

Mod in training (in my own mind)
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 1, 2010
    Brownswhitanon.
    Not for me using firefox with NoScript. NoScript blocks the javascript in the page that traps you. Sometimes using Private Mode also works since many sites will work fine if it thinks you've never visited before (no previous cookies set).

NoScript is a really helpful tool. But beware it can interfere with some sites (banks, shopping) and if you're not proficient in website technologies can stump you. For non-working sites I just temporarily allow the JS to run for the primary domains in the page.

I also run an anti-adware hosts file on my system and that keeps most of the ads & site telemetry from ever loading (in Linux, not 100% reliable on windows since it can ignore the local hosts file).
    why does this read like an infomercial/spam post?

indyblue

Guns & Pool Shooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 13, 2013
    Indy Northside `O=o-
    why does this read like an infomercial/spam post?
    Just relating my experience.
    Sometimes I can’t get out of my technical/explanatory geek mode. Plus, it is my belief that JavaScript has become the scourge of the Internet much like ActiveX and .net were.

It was an interesting article, and I never realized how many parts came from sources such as this. Just one more reason to buy my parts groups from reputable high-end manufacturers.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Most agencies allow the company actually destroying the firearm, to destroy just the receiver.
    They could then offset the cost of destruction by selling other 'parts'.

Now the anti-gunners are upset that the only thing being destroyed is the receiver.

Some federal agencies requires the gun to be FULLY destroyed, all parts of it.
    So, those agencies have to pay more for the deed to be done.

But not all agencies are as rich as those Feds.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    There's a vendor on GB called "Gunbusters" that sells parts in such complete sets that I would imagine their source is guns being destroyed. Like Act said, they melt the receiver.

Top Bottom