• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • yotewacker

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 25, 2009
    Guys,
    A local PD just got a case of Remington 223 ammo. When you open it up, it contains Remington 222. They were labeled wrong. But since they were tried in a 223 and would not fire. I'm guessing a mass recall will not take place.

03A3

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 8, 2009
    Shaker Prairie
    That's gonna be a problem. They need to get the word out before someone loads their duty or SD gun with .222
    Thanks for putting this on here.

Udderchaos

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 17, 2011
    NW Indy
    Somebody can't read at Remington.

If no recall, and the person left the store with the ammo.... Will there be any problem returning the ammo to the point of purchase.? Would the ammo dealer sell at a discount(mislabeled).?

pftraining_in

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 19, 2009
    IN: South of I-70
    Generally in these cases you have to go through the manufacturer. They typically will reimburse shipping, which Remington has done in the past for me, but it is a company by company decision.

Even with the amount of money we are paying for ammo these days, the wait times and the demand, we are seeing more junk ammo from more than one company more often. This is a shame with a product like this as we are not talking TV or toasters here, we are talking ammo that could be used to defend a life. QC and testing seem to be the major issues these days as most of the issues would be caught with a simple inspection or random product test.

Top Bottom