WARNING: Glock Doc at Indy 1500 RIP OFF!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • kilo11

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 11, 2009
    Avon,IN
    So, I just got back from the 1500 and I had to warn my fellow INGOer's. This post is obviously about the "Glock Doc" who we are all familiar with from the 1500.

Just a quick background with me and the so called "Doc". About 4 years ago I visited the Glock Doc booth hoping to get some Glock questions answered and possibly buy some accessories. Well, the short story is, the Doc didn't know what the hell he was talking about and I noticed later on while searching the net, that he had sold me accessories at a roughly 40% markup! Back then I was a little naive in thinking that "surely the Glock Doc knows more than I do". Yeah right! So I never went back.....until today.

In the last 4 years, things have changed drastically. I'm doing my own gunsmithing, I'm a certified Glock armorer, my shooting skills have progressed to a high level, and I now teach shooting to others. I also have increased my knowledge of the industry and of shooting fundamentals in general by 100x and have great relationships with others in the industry who have far more experience than I do that I can learn from.

So, I went back to the Glock Doc today to pick up a Ghost INC. rocket connector to work on a friends Glock whom I promised would be done very soon. This is what happened. I asked the Doc if he had any Rocket Connectors. He said, "yes, they're $40". I thought, "oh well, I knew it would be high, at least I'll get my friends gun done today". But I couldn't member what the price of this product was on Ghost INC's website. So I told him I would take it and they put it in a little bag. As I walked away, I looked at the connector only to find it wasn't the Rocket but rather Ghost's 3.5 lbs standard connector (which is a good product). So, I went back and said, "I'm sorry, I wanted the 3.5 lbs Rocket connector that has the "Trigger Control Tab" (a built in overtravel stop)". He proceeded to tell me that they had discontinued that model because people kept screwing up the adjustment of the tab and removing too much metal. He then reassured me that this connector is the "new" model and was designed to do all the same things the Rocket did. He said it had identical performance and the it was "flawless".

I CALL BS! When I got home I checked with a few sources that are well known in the industry to get the scoop. The Rocket connector is NOT DISCONTINUED and sells for.........ready? .........$26.95$! He charged me $40! That's not the best part. The model he sold me was the standard 3.5 lbs connector that actually sells for..........drum role......$12.95!!!!!!!! Again folks, he charged $40. I'm not even gonna do the math, that's a ridiculous mark up!

He fed me a BS story and then ripped me off. I know, I know, I should have known better. Worst part of it is, I'm supposed to be smarter than that. I chalk it up to desire to not have a confrontation in the middle of the 1500. I had been working all day and just didn't want to deal with it. Sure, it wad my own fault for dealing with such a POSER, but the fact still remains. He will rip you off and feed you a bunch of lies. He will even give you BS tactical advice that will probably get you killed! Don't be that guy or gal. Stay away from the Glock Doc!

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    You should at least talk to him. If you don't, it will probably eat at you for a while.

Panama

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Jul 13, 2008
    Racing Capital
    "Pistols at 15 paces" the only honorable thing!
    Pistols.jpg

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Question is: Are you still gonna install it in your buddy's gun and if so what are you gonna charge him?

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    So let me get this straight, you a "certified" glock armorer, weren't clear on the status of production for a part you were searching out?

This is why I never seek glock advise from these certified glock armorers.

IndyBeerman

Was a real life Beerman.....
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 2, 2008
    Plainfield
    So you said that you had a problem with him 4 years ago, and you had a problem with him today, but what about 2 years ago when you said you was done with him then.

I'm not feeling sorry for you one little bit, you stepped in it....

Once

Twice

Three times and decided to return and step in the :poop: a fourth time.

You're just a glutton for punishment ain't ya.:popcorn:

Ok I'm not sure where this thread has gone, but I will tell u that the Glock Doc's prices are outrageous. Some of the parts and gear that he sells are 2x the price that they should be. The other issue I had was with the fact that him and his associate ( the bald guy with glasses and beard ) don't know what the hell they are talking about. If anyone wants an example I will give it to you. I'm done with this guy ripping off gun owners that aren't as experienced.:noway:

I'm not saying that u shouldn't go to him. That is up to u. As far as an example or two, I will give u, and u can decide.

At the January show I overheard a gentlemen talking to the bald guy asking about the GEN4 Glocks. He seemed like he was new to guns and had questions about what the GEN4's would be like. The bald guy proceeded to tell this guy what the rumors were and what MIGHT be on the GEN4 (some of which were just outrageous claims ie. flat backstrap, integrated laser....). Anyway the funny part about it was that the GEN4 had been released for almost a month. The best part though.....there were about 8 vendors selling the new GEN4's at the show and one of them was less than 10ft. away. I mean does this guy know anything about the products he is selling. I don't want to buy anything from anyone that can't tell me basic info on his products. If it's your job to know just one weapon system, just one, then maybe you should know it.

Rewind even further to the Oct. '09 show. I asked Mr. Glock Doc himself (Nick) if he had any idea what the GEN4 was going to feature and when it would be out. At that point all I heard were rumors. He pulled a G22 RTF2 down and said, " here it is the new GEN4". I played dumb and asked again if this was really it. He said this is it. I walked away shaking my head. As we all know the RTF2 is not the GEN4 and quite frankly Nick really didn't know what I was referring to anyway. Again, this is a guy that only does one thing and that is sell glock components. You would think he would know what he is tallking about.

I know that those two instances aren't really great reasons not to use him, but let me just say this. Compare his prices to other Glock vendors on the net, and tell me his pricing isn't outrageous!!! He wanted me to pay $60 for a 3.5 pound connector!!! $135 for XS sights. $224 for a stainless slide.

Thats why I don't go there. I'm not saying that u shouldn't just check for urself.

Lone Wolf Distributors - Main Page This is where to buy Glock parts!!

LEaSH

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Aug 10, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Being a "certified glock armorer" doesn't elevate a person to a higher plane of consciousness.

They kind of hand out all sorts of titles for things these days. It doesn't make anyone more knowledgeable than before.

Hell, I just read somewhere that Goldman Sachs has over 10,000 employees with "VP of something or another" in their respective titles. Don't mean a thing.

Top Bottom