• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • kickbacked

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2010
    Well last night as i was going out on the deck for a smoke. i see two creatures moving around my bird feeders, i shooed them off and went about my business, well about 3 hrs later back out for a smoke and they were back, so once again i hollered at them and they ran off, well fast forward to this morning i go out to get a foot trap to place under the feeder and they are back once again. I said to hell with it grabbed my 870 with one hand , mag light in the other, and ran outside.

warning graphic image

IMG_20110421_063352.jpg

i have to wonder if his last thought was, what in the hell is this idiot doing outside at 6 in the morning in his pajamas with no shoes on.

Im going to setup a foot trap and try to get his friend. I gotta say i was pretty impressed with my one hand shooting. maybe this is reason enough to get a flash light for the 870?

dieselman

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 31, 2009
    Bloomington
    coons break bird feeders. breaking/damaging property is the definition of the term nuisance animal. although a bird feeder is kinda cheap and insignificant, property is property.

kickbacked

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2010
    Resident landowners and tenants can live-trap a raccoon that is causing damage on their own property without a permit from the DNR. The raccoon must be euthanized or released within the county of capture on property in which you have permission to do so.

taken straight from the dnr sight

euthanizedpast participle, past tense of eu·tha·nize

Verb: Put (a living being, esp. a dog or cat) to death humanely.

Shooting—Shooting can be the most painless and is sometimes the only available method to humanely dispose of an animal. However, a number of factors need to be considered prior to the discharge of firearms.
    taken from Animal Euthanasia Information--Shooting

I see nothing illegal, but what do i know. With recent development around my house and neighbors, we have are having a big problem with coyotes, skunks, and raccoons. perhaps i should just wait until they come into my house ?

p.s. there is a mouse in my basement, should i call dnr or the police?

Top Bottom