• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • russc2542

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Oct 24, 2015
    Columbus
    Not required as I recall. Part of the Magnuson-Moss warranty act possibly?

What if the registration card was lost in the mail? No warranty?

Granted, registration does help with needing to keep your receipts to prove the purchase date. But pretty sure that they cant refuse a warranty claim simply because you didnt return the postcard.

Correct about MM legal stuff.

Nope.

Reputable manufacturers of firearms warranty the product equally whether it is registered or not, so the only benefit of registration is notification in the case of a recall. I rely on INGO for such notifications, and I don't want more companies to have my email address.

last 4 guns i got, ive registered online with the manufacturer.

havnt recived a bunch of crap emails from them

:cheers:

Aside from recall notices, it's so they can collect demographics and end-user info to add to the big-data crunching machines to figure out what they can save a penny on in the future. Some will also add you to mailing lists. You're lucky crewchief, I took my car in for the airbag recall and now I'm on the dealer's weekly mailer list about oil changes and service... my car's 10 years out of warranty and I fix it myself, stop wasting paper guys! lol

Lt Scott 14

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 18, 2018
    Porter County
    Back in the day, 80s and 90s I filled the warranty cards out. No much anymore, like others wrote. Honestly, most have performed well, and minimal issues. As for the 1911 vs Safe Action Pistols(Glock):
    Shawn(Movie Ronin): To Sam: So what do you carry, weapon wise?
    Sam(Movie: Ronin):1911
    Shawn(Ronin): Old Gun!
    Sam(Ronin): Served our Country well!

I have owned several, carried, and also Glocks. If you learn how to clean and maintain them, both work. I like 15+ rounds though vs 8 or so, but doesn't really bother me either way. Good magazines helped, and keep mine stock.
    Carry spare mags, you are covered.

My Centennial 442 S&W is sometimes my CCW(Summer and Winter coat carry)
    Sam(from Ronin) Its a tool. Carry it in the toolbox.
    Good Luck.

shootersix

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    I had a gsg 522 and was having issues with misfires, I called ati (the importer) and was telling them about my problems, they asked if it was under warranty period (3 years) I replied I doubt it, it was bought used (by my dad), the lady at ati asked for the sn, she said that the warranty had never been filled out for that rifle, she said she'd start it that day, and i'd have 3 years from that day (it was in my dads possession for 2 years, and mine for one before I called them!)

I bought a used springfield xd45 (I was the 3rd owner at least) and for s**ts and giggles I tried to enter it for one of their gear up promotions (3 free mags, mag pouch, range bag) and i'll be dammed if nobody had registered it with springfield! (free stuff for me!)

and registering one time did come back and bite me in the ass!, I worked in a gun shop, and dummied up a receipt to get 2 free mags from sig (for my p320), I got an email saying that my rebate wasn't eligible, because it was purchased before the rebate period had begun

I usually don't register for the warranty until I have a problem, because in the casees above I would have had to pay to have my gun fixed, besides the only time manufactures know when you buy a gun, is when you tell them, and really the only time I tell them is when I get a rebate or free items.

and in my 30 plus years of gun ownership, ive only sent in 4 guns for warranty/repair/recall
    a ruger p85 (safety recall)
    Taurus 1911 (safety broke and had to be replaced)
    smith and Wesson m&p 22 pistol (shot 5 inches low, they replaced the barrel)
    the gsg 5 (sent it back 3 times, misfires (they replaced the barrel), out of battery fire (ripped the rim off, they replaced the barrel) and misfires after they replaced the barrel)

Last edited:
    Top Bottom