• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • joemich1911

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2011
    Fort Wayne
    I have been looking for a new shotgun and most manufactures have stated that putting reloaded ammo through there guns will void the warranty. Is this common or do I just tell them I used the ammo they suggest? Seems like they just want people to buy manufactured ammunition

DustyDawg48

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 11, 2010
    Mount Vernon
    What reloads? I used "Name on headstamp"

Problem solved :D

This +1000 :D

Every gun manufacturer has to put that in because they don't want to be responsible for someone jacking up a hot load and then blowing up their gun. I don't believe for a second the gun manufacturers believe their users are only going to use factory; heck 99% of the factory shooters also sell reloading equipment! If it turns out to be a ammo issue where it caused a catastrophic failure...it's that dang Winchester White Box again! That is my story and I'm sticking to it!

Sadly, just like they have to print "This is not a toy" on a plastic sack or "Do not eat" on silicone moisture absorbing packets...they gotta put that in there for a CYOA scenario. Honestly, I don't remember the last box of factory I bought for any of my guns aside from self-defense ammo.

NIFT

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 3, 2009
    Fort Wayne, Indiana
    It depends on the manufacturer. Most are very customer oriented and will give a lot of benefit of the doubt. For example, a person I have shot with admitted (good for the soul but bad for the reputation!) he got distracted and double charged a round of pistol ammunition that his son, subsequently, shot in a Glock, which blew up.

He called Glock, admitted to what he did, and Glock still repaired the pistol at no charge--once! He was told if he ever did it again, future repairs would cost him.

As others have said, such admonitions are CYA-liability statements that may not hold, depending on the manufacturer and the situation.

Top Bottom