• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • gunowner930

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 25, 2010
    1994-2004
    -The production, not the possession of detachable magazines containing more than 10 rounds.

The production, not possession of a rifle or carbine with more than 1 of the following features

-collapsible or adjustable stock
    -pistol grip
    -bayonet lug
    -flash hider
    -grenade launcher (ex. M203)

I still wouldn't sweat a new AWB though.

jeff242

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 13, 2012
    Thanks. Not sweating it yet. More just want to be familiar with the specifics so I can keep an eye on it, watch prices, etc.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Well, IMHO, there is no reason to look to the 1994 AWB as a model as the legislation proposed in 2013 may be radically different.

Wait and see.

As to running out and buying stuff, remember the lady in Boston and her hats.:D

LEaSH

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Aug 10, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I guess now is not the time to introduce my newly designed prototipo 500 round AR drum "Megazine" to the market.

Zoub

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2008
    Northern Edge, WI
    I agree with Kirk. They learned from their mistakes, legislation is not the thing to focus on, it is the objects of their hatred.

This time they will come in the backdoor and from down the block but they will still be coming for the same things, military style weapons, calibers and hi cap mags

Buy mags first, guns don't run without mags. Choose a platform and invest in it. In the AWB the guys who were screwed were the guys who did not own Preban lowers and after that preban mags. Some mags sold for 10x what I paid for them. G21 mags went as high as $130 when new they were $13.

etc etc etc...buy what you want and stay focused. Build up at least one weapon platform and caliber of choice. As I told my GF last night, "babe your $2k sporting clays gun for 2013 just went on hold for a year." She understood why. Shotguns will not be going away BUT something like an X-rail might or drum mags for Saigas.

Zoub

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2008
    Northern Edge, WI
    I guess now is not the time to introduce my newly designed prototipo 500 round AR drum "Megazine" to the market.
    It is if you can produce it now and deliver it now. Cash is king now. If you gotzz it, someone will buy it and convert their cash to durable goods.

TopDog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    Well, IMHO, there is no reason to look to the 1994 AWB as a model as the legislation proposed in 2013 may be radically different.

Wait and see.

As to running out and buying stuff, remember the lady in Boston and her hats.:D

Sound advice on both accounts. :yesway:

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    For INGO's young lions:

When the lady from Boston asked if she would be buying a new hat for the wedding, the lady replied, "my dear, we ladies of Boston do not need to buy hats, we have our hats."*

*You should already have your hats. Buy a deep bench (find what you like, buy multiple copies, no Pokemon trading card buying), shoot some now, save/trade some for later.

Light

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 9, 2012
    Near Fort Wayne
    I have 9 30rnd mags. Ammo is my concern at the moment. I think my platform is reliable enough to last me a lifetime.

I might want to pick up some 30rnd mags for the .22 though. Might get more 30rnds at the next gun show if they are cheap too, or 40rnds. My odds are they are gonna go up through. If this does hit I'm gonna smack myself for not buying the whole box of them at $15per at the last show. :(

Top Bottom