Was your shop teacher missing any appendages?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Did your shop teacher appear whole?

• Total voters

target64

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Apr 22, 2009
    West Side
    My shop teacher was missing the tip of his thumb, table saw got him one day. I shall also refresh your memory. " keep your soft parts out of the spinning metal parts

96firephoenix

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 15, 2010
    Indianapolis, IN
    Due to my recent acquisition of a radial arm saw from the INGO classifieds, my wife has done her duty by suggesting that I "be careful" and "not cut my hand off". I am inclined to oblige her request.
    First, I wanted that, but you came up with the cash first, so go team you.

Second, they didn't get the name "radical harm saw" by accident. well, actually, they did.

wolfman

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 5, 2008
    S Side Indy
    8th grade shop teacher was missing a hand, radial arm saw I believe. High school AG teacher (my dad) was missing part of his ring finger, fell while running with an axe as a kid.

Alamo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 4, 2010
    Texas
    Our instructor always seemed to be intact. The students on the other hand seemed to have an issue; in 7th grade shop class a classmate was using a table saw and had his thumb extended in such a way so that the spinning saw blade intersected his extended thumb right where it attached to his hand. Needless to say the thumb was severed. The student calmly shut off the saw, applied the brake and then climb up on top of the table saw where he retrieved his thumb which was now firmly embedded in the ceiling. After climbing down off the table he held the thumb up to his hand and walked over to the teacher. He said "look what I can do" and pulled his thumb away from his hand, the teacher promptly passed out cold.

We all thought it was pretty cool!:rockwoot:

Now that I've stopped laughing... Winner!

I suppose I shouldn't laugh at a kid cutting his thumb off, but, damn, climbing up on the table and pulling his thumb out of the ceiling...and then launching on his teacher... Joe Cool for life. I'm curious, do you know how he turned out in the long run? Did he get his thumb sewn back on, grow up to join the Marines and be awarded the MoH? Lost the thumb but now overshadows the Wallendas? Became a serial killer? Ice water in the veins of that boy.

Top Bottom