• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bobby

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 14, 2008
    Muncie/New Castle
    Wasserman Schultz wants a law requiring passing a background check to buy ammo

I read through the article and I have no words. I'm not surprised by the desire for a background check. What leaves me shaking my head is how Wasserman Schultz and the Parkland teenager justify calling for such a law to be enacted. With the gun control folks getting geared up for the mid-terms, I think we are about to see a lot of stupid bills and the reasoning for them come down the pipeline post-Parkland. No more dancing around the issue. I believe the gloves are coming off for these Democratic legislators because they believe they have the "people" behind them. I am an optimist. I believe Democrats are going to play their hand too soon and overreach big time. I also believe a lot of fence-sitters are going to have their eyes opened as a result. They are going to be wondering where to go and this is why the rally on April 14th is a good start. It gets all of us motivated to start countering the Left's arguments for gun control especially in our local communities. By increasing our visibility, educating, and teaching those around us why the 2nd Amendment is so important we are providing a counterbalance to the Left's narrative. This is how we WIN!

Wasserman Schultz wants background checks for ammunition buyers - Sun Sentinel

Last edited:

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    With all the anti-gun sentiment being pushed by those who haven't lived long enough to truly make a decision, and lawmakers jumping on the restriction bandwagon, it scares me to say it but I would not be surprise if there was at least one more school shooting in the August - October time frame.

Agree, firearm owners need to be more visible when it comes to teaching those who know what is best for us, what is really best for us.

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    Wasserman Schultz dismissed the argument that what she called “common sense gun safety laws” would infringe upon Second Amendment rights to keep and bear arms.

“You do not have the right to bear bullets,” Wasserman Schultz said at a news conference at the Pembroke Pines Police Department.

Yes, we do have rights to ammunition Debbie. The courts have already explicitly ruled on this.

Mei-Ling Ho-Shing, a Stoneman Douglas junior, praised the proposal. “If we can attack the bullets, we can stop how many people who can get shot with high-capacity magazines,” she said.

:n00b:

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    The stupid leading the blind.
    I agree. I think the liberals are going to far outplay their hand, and I think it is going to backfire on them.
    There is not much that will motivate conservatives more than another attack om our liberties.
    I hope they continue this siren call for gun control.

engi-ninja

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 24, 2018
    Columbus
    My thought on the silly Hogg and Friends is, isn't there a minimum voting age for a reason? Why on earth are we even paying attention to these kids? Since when do we allow children who aren't even old enough to vote to dictate policy?

Litebow

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 18, 2012
    Near Avon
    My thought on the silly Hogg and Friends is, isn't there a minimum voting age for a reason? Why on earth are we even paying attention to these kids? Since when do we allow children who aren't even old enough to vote to dictate policy?

I'm not paying attention to the kids. I'm paying attention to the anti gun media and politicians that are paying attention/using these kids to advance their agenda.

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    I'm proposing legislation to ban Debbie blabbermouth Schultz

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    It's all good. Debbie can have my ammunition. I'll leave the method of delivery to your imagination.

brotherbill3

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 10, 2010
    Hamilton Co.
    NO. Is that clear? no? Well then NO NO NO.

April is coming ... and it isn't the "British are Coming" that was said, or will be this time.

NO.

/discussion

Top Bottom